Talk

Advanced search

To want to give up?

(2 Posts)
Mybeautifullife1 Mon 19-Dec-16 09:40:09

Married (but not for much longer) with three kids. Our home is a tip. It doesn't matter what I do - I just can't get on top of it. I have health issues and don't work but have caring responsibilities, so I'm not at home all day. I have next to no energy.

My kids do nothing. My STBXH irons and cooks the odd meal. I am absolutely overwhelmed and situationally depressed. I seem to spend most of my time washing dishes and sorting laundry.

My eldest complains he can't bring friends home. My youngest two do, but only after I've spent a week tidying and then within 24 hours its back to normal. They all claim to hate it but not enough to help apparently. They have no respect for the place - broken windows syndrome.

AIBU to just resign myself to this and never have friends over. It's severely affecting my MH.

DesignedForLife Mon 19-Dec-16 10:08:57

How old are your kids? Sounds like your oldest at least is old enough to chip in. Maybe you need to sit down with them and have a talk, especially if he's complaining he can't bring friends over, he needs to do his bit. do you give them any pocket money - can you make them earn it by doing chores? You need to teach them to respect the place too.

Can you reassess what has to be done? E.g. Don't iron things that don't really need it?

If you're a carer is there any support you can get? Can you visit your GP to discuss support? (My GP surgery has posters all over inviting carers to come in)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now