Talk

Advanced search

To not send Christmas cards by post?

(11 Posts)
Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Mon 19-Dec-16 08:13:02

When the unions seem to want to strike instead of work. We were about to send cards today but the announcement that a wildcat strike is going on makes it a no brainer... Send eCards instead.

Besides my local postie gets it wrong at least once a week so I have little faith in my mail getting to the intended reciepient.

onemorecupofcoffeefortheroad Mon 19-Dec-16 09:03:28

The post office have said any strikes will have minimal impact on deliveries - I'm hoping this is true I posted about 80 cards yesterday.

Ifailed Mon 19-Dec-16 09:07:22

Royal Mail, who deliver post, have nothing to do with Post Offices now (bar a few large crown offices), so the strike will have no effect on deliveries. Or so my postie told me.

Ifailed Mon 19-Dec-16 09:08:33

And by the way, it's not "the Unions" who are striking, it's their membership who voted for industrial action.

yorkshapudding Mon 19-Dec-16 09:20:28

"the unions seem to want to strike instead of work"

This is a very simplistic way of looking at the issue.

Alabastard Mon 19-Dec-16 09:36:30

Royal Mail and the Post Office are separate companies. Your postie (who is having a shit time of things) is not striking.

harderandharder2breathe Mon 19-Dec-16 10:22:05

Boring. The delivery people aren't even striking and nor are many post offices. It's a crown post offices only. Not Royal Mail at all

Too bad you left it so late or you could've used Scout post, much cheaper

SheSparkles Mon 19-Dec-16 10:41:38

This is the 3rd year I've not sent cards, But donated the money I would have spent on cards and postage to my local food bank

Fruitellaz Mon 19-Dec-16 11:12:22

I'm a postie, please send e-cards, I'm sick of the sight of bloody Christmas cards grin

Ifailed Mon 19-Dec-16 11:19:31

Fruitellaz
grin

Alabastard Mon 19-Dec-16 11:25:44

fruitellaz I got out of that game this year after 15 long years! Can't say I'm missing it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now