Talk

Advanced search

ding ding ding- sad face at Christmas alert.

(25 Posts)
RuggerHug Sun 18-Dec-16 20:14:09

The jumper asda one a few weeks ago had laughs attached, but this as a shameless attempt at getting free lego. Oh dear fgrin

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mums-christmas-fury-7-year-9475718

Pumpkintopf Sun 18-Dec-16 20:48:31

Agree, sounds like she thought Westfield would spring for the toy.

sizeofalentil Sun 18-Dec-16 21:10:45

Shall we have a whip round and buy one for him? Poor little mite!

icy121 Sun 18-Dec-16 22:06:18

Joshua, Jasmine and Jasper?! Twins called Jas and Jas! She should fined for that alone.

hoopdeloop Sun 18-Dec-16 22:44:27

Need to get my sad face ready

'Santa promised me a naked Tom Hardy and lots of gin but my husband says no'

Do you think the mirror will publish it?

OwlinaTree Sun 18-Dec-16 22:51:42

Lol!

RuggerHug Mon 19-Dec-16 12:43:37

hoopdeloop Go for it fwink Santa promised me he'd close the local shopping centre to everyone but me on Weds so I can get the last bits without crowds....think they'll do it? fgrin

AlpacaPicnic Mon 19-Dec-16 12:50:11

She loses points for saying 'end of' in my opinion!

Just tell the kid he's been too naughty for the gift... isn't that why people 'do' santa anyway? He's bound to have done something naughty through the year - make it be all his own fault!

I'm a terrible person btw...

AlpacaPicnic Mon 19-Dec-16 12:50:48

clicky link

for anyone who needs a clicky link!

MycatsaPirate Mon 19-Dec-16 12:52:58

Oh god, these are shameless!

I have also seen on where the presents were all in the car (and the car was stolen because she left the engine running and went inside) and another where all the presents were wrapped under the tree and they were burgled and all their ipads, laptops and other expensive things were stolen (the kids in that article were about 3 and 5).

Shameless people trying to con others into donating free stuff.

Dons1975 Mon 19-Dec-16 13:38:05

lol that's a pretty good sad face! To be fair though the Santa we visited told my four year old his list was easy - he asked for a hatchimal!! fgrin I just laughed tho.

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Mon 19-Dec-16 13:52:22

I want to know what line she's spun to her child who allegedly believes in Santa to explain to him why they're taking this picture/going to the papers.

MeetMeAtMidnight Mon 19-Dec-16 14:00:59

How bloody embarrassing, splashing herself and her kids all over the paper to try and scam a freebie. I'd never be able to look my family and friends in the face again. So it's not Christmas yet and the child believes in Santa yet somehow knows already he's not getting the gift? So glad the shopping centre didn't cave in to this shameless emotional blackmail. And self-absorbed cow had absolutely no compunction in putting that Santa's job in jeopardy either. Give her a skating package? I'd ban her for life.

Rachel0Greep Mon 19-Dec-16 14:04:14

What a load of rubbish! Complete with sad faces.

hoopdeloop Mon 19-Dec-16 15:33:51

RuggerHug of course they will, ''tis the season of people demanding!

PebbleInTheMoonlight Mon 19-Dec-16 15:39:23

I need to get my sad face ready then for the national rag...eldest daughter (9 and yes is happily a Santa believing child) saw Santa in a Grotto on the weekend.

All she asked for was a bin for her bedroom (I may nag her a bit about the mess she makes with paper). Santa promised her there would be something a little extra special as well as the bin.

How dare he promise my daughter a better gift than a bin. I'm outraged!

Meanwhile in the real world I'm happy that Santa made my daughter smile, she still only expects a bin from Santa (there will be other gifts) and will be grateful with anything she gets under the Christmas tree.

Creatureofthenight Mon 19-Dec-16 15:46:41

Why is the boy doing sad face, according to the story he believes Santa is bringing the lego!

Oblomov16 Mon 19-Dec-16 15:52:57

Well, the photos don't help, but it is possible the Santa promised/ implied to the boy that he would get it.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Mon 19-Dec-16 15:55:07

Speechless...

'End of' grin

Rachel0Greep Mon 19-Dec-16 16:23:48

Well, the photos don't help, but it is possible the Santa promised/ implied to the boy that he would get it.

I doubt it. The Santa apparently has 20 years experience.
Total try on, IMO. She should be ashamed of herself.

RuggerHug Mon 19-Dec-16 17:02:45

And also, Santa wouldn't lie!!!
End offgrin

Ivegotthetrumpet Mon 19-Dec-16 17:13:19

Plot twist... he actually is Santa and the toy turns up under the tree Christmas morning! I may have watched miracle on 34th street yesterday

StarryIllusion Mon 19-Dec-16 17:38:13

That isn't a sad face, that is a sulky, I-need-a-slapped-arse face. Woman's got more front than blackpool. What a load of bollocks.

NovemberInDailyFailLand Mon 19-Dec-16 17:40:22

Santa promised me Rufus Sewell in a magic chocolate factory.

mygorgeousmilo Mon 19-Dec-16 18:55:12

Oh Hun! You had me at "end of"
fbiscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now