Talk

Advanced search

To be hurt by this comment?

(72 Posts)
Evennumberonthevolume Sun 18-Dec-16 11:39:50

I might be being too sensitive.

Texting a friend and catching up.

She had a new baby (she's around 3/4 months) and said what a challenge it is but it's also the best thing ever!

I don't even have a boyfriend so who knows if this will ever happen for me. Just felt like same in the wound.

HardLightHologram Sun 18-Dec-16 11:40:59

You sound quite over sensitive. She didn't say anything wrong.

cherrycrumblecustard Sun 18-Dec-16 11:41:00

Aw, I think you are being a little sensitive flowers how old are you?

Fruitcocktail6 Sun 18-Dec-16 11:41:24

What?

If I understood correctly yabu and far too sensitive

SaucyJack Sun 18-Dec-16 11:42:13

Please don't be that person.

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Sun 18-Dec-16 11:43:24

Your looking for stuff that just isn't there.

CalmItKermitt Sun 18-Dec-16 11:44:45

Get a grip.

NiceFalafels Sun 18-Dec-16 11:44:51

You should be happy for your friend. Aren't you glad something good is happening for her? The reality is you're jealous. That's the issue. Not your friend saying how she's finding parenthood as s new parent.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 18-Dec-16 11:44:55

YABU

PeachBellini123 Sun 18-Dec-16 11:45:32

Yes YABU sorry. Is there a back story here?

Slackalice42 Sun 18-Dec-16 11:45:36

Yes you are being unreasonable, take a deep breath and send your friend a nice text back.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Sun 18-Dec-16 11:45:53

If she had added something along the lines of "you should have a baby" then yes it would be insensitive of her, otherwise there is nothing in what she said to be upset by.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sun 18-Dec-16 11:47:45

What?! confused

Please don't be that person who makes everything about themselves fgs!

SandysMam Sun 18-Dec-16 11:49:37

She sounds like she's struggling and trying to convince herself it's the best thing ever (around 3 months it really isn't!). This probably isn't about you at all OP but about her. Roll up your sleeves and help her as much as you can!

LotsOfShoes Sun 18-Dec-16 11:51:36

YABVU. There is literally nothing in that text about you. I understand that these things make you think about your own situation but she made NO comment about you. And people who've just had a baby always say how wonderful but hard having one is...she's allowed to express her feelings, you know.

Evennumberonthevolume Sun 18-Dec-16 11:51:48

I never said I wasn't happy for her, and what am I suppose to be jealous of? confused

Of course I've already text her back.

I guess there is more of a beck story but I don't want to drop feed so I'll just accept I'm being too sensitive.

(Also to point out I would NEVER say anything to her, it's just my own private thoughts that I shared with no one until posting)

Evennumberonthevolume Sun 18-Dec-16 11:52:50

Hmm that makes perfect sense Sandys, thank you

Temporaryname137 Sun 18-Dec-16 11:53:54

This is all about you and nothing about her, unless there is a backstory. It is hard if you are getting to a certain age and want a baby and there is nobody on the horizon with whom you want to do it. But that shouldn't take the shine off your happiness for your friend, sorry!

CalmItKermitt Sun 18-Dec-16 11:56:59

Sandys - but that's not necessarily true at all, is it?

I would have said the same when mine were 3 months. I loved my life and my babies and was perfectly happy.

Interesting to see how the OP seems to perk up at the thought of her friend struggling though 🤔

NoelHeadbands Sun 18-Dec-16 11:57:11

It really doesn't sound like she's struggling to me...

OP yes yabu but it's natural to have little prickles of 'something' every now and then

Floggingmolly Sun 18-Dec-16 11:58:14

Sweet Jesus, it wasn't about you! What is wrong with you? hmm

HaveNoSocks Sun 18-Dec-16 11:58:52

flowers

Ignore the comments from unkind posters. You probably are being a bit sensitive but we all have sore spots, as long as you're not being unkind to your friend YANBU.

angstybaby Sun 18-Dec-16 12:01:08

i kinda get it. it's like being the only single person at the wedding. it doesn't mean you're not happy for your friend but that you feel a bit left out/like everyone's looking/that it's never going to happen for you. it's not easy and it's ok to feel the way you do about it, but it''s definitely one for the internal monologue. she wasn't trying to be mean

Trifleorbust Sun 18-Dec-16 12:02:06

I don't get how you think this is anything to do with her. You are envious (nothing wrong with that - perfectly natural) but she isn't in control of that and there was nothing insensitive in what she said.

Ahickiefromkinickie Sun 18-Dec-16 12:02:28

I never said I wasn't happy for her, and what am I suppose to be jealous of confused

So her saying having a baby is the best thing ever is like rubbing 'salt in the wound' but you're not jealous? Ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now