Talk

Advanced search

To not send Xmas cards to family that you don't see all year

(9 Posts)
iluvshoes Sun 18-Dec-16 10:19:54

So I've decided that if you don't see them apart from funerals and weddings,and they offer no real input then Xmas cards are uncalled for. Also found out recently that they are quite horrid about my mum behind her back. Am I being a bit horrid ?

Topseyt Sun 18-Dec-16 10:30:15

I only send to very close family. Parents etc. Not to ones we never have any contact with.

You would be being fair enough in my opinion.

bilbodog Sun 18-Dec-16 11:22:33

Ive always thought the point of christmas cards is to keep in touch with people you dont see regularly rather than those you see every day. However YANBU if they are being horrible behind your back.

NerrSnerr Sun 18-Dec-16 11:29:43

I personally send cards to family we don't see regularly. Our family are spread across the country so there are times we do see everyone. If they're being horrible and you don't like them then that's a different story.

HaveNoSocks Sun 18-Dec-16 11:37:56

Sometimes I like getting xmas cards from family or friends that I don't see often, it kind of reminds me of them and keeps the line of communication open. On the other hand if I actually didn't like them and they'd been nasty behind my/my mum's back then I'd stop.

museumum Sun 18-Dec-16 11:40:05

I only send Christmas cards to family we don't see all year except for weddings, christenings and funerals.
I guess it would be different if they were just down the road but we are spread out from Basingstoke to Aberdeen.

Arfarfanarf Sun 18-Dec-16 12:30:36

I dont send cards to people i dont like.
Sounds like the situation here.

Crispbutty Sun 18-Dec-16 12:45:05

I thought sending cards to people you don't regularly see was the point ... But.. only if you actually like them.

Scholes34 Sun 18-Dec-16 12:58:25

Mixing up two things here - you're really asking whether you should send cards to people you don't like, rather than people you don't see. I certainly would send cards to people I don't see often and graduate remove people I don't like from my christmas card list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now