Talk

Advanced search

To want to be able to do up my coat?

(10 Posts)
PetalMettle Sun 18-Dec-16 05:27:50

Saw a lovely looking coat on new look, ordered it, put it on...no buttons! Just a wrap belt.
I felt like I was wearing a dressing gown.
They're nearly all the same from there and I've seen a lot of people either rocking the dressing gown look or wearing them open (genuinely wtf I want my arms to be warm but my chest not?)
Am I the only one who longs for a few buttons?

Out2pasture Sun 18-Dec-16 05:34:50

Wrap coats with a belt always loosen. I find that super uncomfortable.

amysmummy12345 Sun 18-Dec-16 05:44:11

I've never understood winter coats with three quarter length sleeves, frost bitten, blue wrists must be all the rage in designer circles 😂 confused

pregnantat50 Sun 18-Dec-16 05:57:53

I thought this was a thread about overindulgence...I was going to join in saying, I wish my coat would button up too! sad

lovelearning Sun 18-Dec-16 06:10:11

Winter coats should cover the hips, have full-length sleeves, and button rather than wrap.

lovelearning Sun 18-Dec-16 06:16:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bubbinsmakesthree Sun 18-Dec-16 06:34:17

I have one of these 'dressing gown coats' (also from New Look as it goes). I love it! It's super warm and snuggly when it is cold as the extra fabric wrapped round the front keeps you toasty. And if I go indoors or get too warm it's easy to loosen off without fiddling with zips and buttons. So YABU.

Eminybob Sun 18-Dec-16 06:38:51

My coat this year has a couple of poppers which inevitably pop open as soon as I walk/sit down/breathe and only a couple of duffle buttons at the top to keep it shut so I have spent my winter so far with a cold stripe down my front. It's rubbish!

HermioneWoozle Sun 18-Dec-16 06:42:29

I thought this was going to be a discussion about winter coats not being cut generously enough to allow the wearing of clothes underneath. I always have to go a size up from my usual clothes size.

GreatFuckability Sun 18-Dec-16 06:52:44

Perfect for people like me who hate buttons. Though I'm a leave my coat open kind of girl anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now