Talk

Advanced search

To not be that into watching films

(13 Posts)
Unicorn1981 Sat 17-Dec-16 23:12:35

Every Saturday night DP likes to watch a film. I rarely feel like watching one. I'd rather watch tv or something instead. I love a gripping tv series but I just struggle with films. We spend ages choosing then can never agree so I just get bored. Am I normal? Do others prefer tv shows? It's becoming a bit of a bugbear between us as I feel I'm spoiling the one night we can chill out together. Athough I get up with DD on Sundays so that's always in my mind about staying up late too.

cardibach Sat 17-Dec-16 23:13:46

Could you take it in turns to choose what to watch with the understanding the non-chooser doesn't moan and just watches?

cardibach Sat 17-Dec-16 23:14:12

Also you should take the Sunday get up in turns.

gunting Sat 17-Dec-16 23:14:41

My DH is an absolute film fanatic and I can't stand them. I'd rather watch half a film and save the rest for another day. I prefer tv too, I don't think I have the attention span for 2 hours of the same!

OwlinaTree Sat 17-Dec-16 23:16:36

No film should be lost than 1.5 hours imho. You should be able to say all you need to in that amount of time!

OwlinaTree Sat 17-Dec-16 23:17:02

Longer not lost, sorry!

annandale Sat 17-Dec-16 23:19:45

I do like a film but it's certainly not unreasonable not to. What is it that puts you off? I agree with taking turns and that with young kids staying up on a Saturday night is a penance.

Unicorn1981 Sat 17-Dec-16 23:32:58

Well he gets up on a Saturday so I'm finding one of us wants to stay up on Friday then the same Saturday. We don't seem to be into the same tv programmes much either. The odd ones we are but we'll get into our own ones so be out of sync with each other. I really loved the killing and was watching two episodes back to back most nights because it was so gripping. He agreed it sounded good but didn't want to watch it as he had other things he wanted to watch! Don't get me wrong we have loads in common but on a Saturday night we just cannot agree! And he just prefers films. He only really wants to watch tv on a Saturday and leaves me to it the rest of the week so I get into my tv series' and by the time he's ready I've watched half of it! I think I have a short attention span with films! Books I love too so I can concentrate on something. Argh!

DanGleballs Sat 17-Dec-16 23:46:45

Nope, yanbu. I don't like films either. There are about two each year that I am remotely interested in. Other half watches them (along with any slightly scary programmes) after I doze off.

NapQueen Sat 17-Dec-16 23:49:01

Dh is a film nut. I'm meh about films. I've started cross stitching and find that I can do that and just about following a film at the same time so we are technically watching a movie but I have something else to entertain me.

Certain films I can watch over and over but not every week! Most of the time with TV or movies I have to be doing something else at the same time. I can't just sit.

Obsidian77 Sat 17-Dec-16 23:50:11

I might be showing my age but I really don't think films are as good as they used to be. Most of the money, the good writing and the best actors seem to be in TV these days. Can't think of many films I have really thought were good this decade but there has been some fantastic stuff on telly over last few years.

HeddaGarbled Sat 17-Dec-16 23:56:47

Neither of you are being unreasonable. He watches his film, you get an early night, win win. If he wants sex he gives up the film and late night on Saturday, if you want sex you give up the TV and late night on Friday. Maybe do alternate weekends?

MelbourneClown03 Sat 17-Dec-16 23:58:54

Nope YANBU. Just don't have the attention span for them these days.

Much prefer a good TV series or even a box set that I can stop and start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now