Talk

Advanced search

To take bark Clarks school shoes

(14 Posts)
Fiddlefaddle2303 Sat 17-Dec-16 22:59:53

Bought October half term, 40£, and the sole on one has totally come off at the front.

DD is quite heavy footed but 7 weeks use? DH thinks we should take them back, I don't want to look like a total numpty!

Reasonable or not?

MillionToOneChances Sat 17-Dec-16 23:00:58

Totally reasonable.

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 17-Dec-16 23:01:07

I'd take them back

7 weeks is shit.

vj32 Sun 18-Dec-16 09:16:02

Take them back, they will replace if you have the receipt after less than a term. I took back a pair last year with a stitching problem, exact same thing happened again. Wont be buying Clarks school shoes any more!

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sun 18-Dec-16 09:40:16

I wouldnt be happy after 7 weeks wear. Take them back. Sounds like you got a poorly made pair.

OzzieFem Sun 18-Dec-16 11:35:34

There was another thread about Clarks school shoes being rubbish not so long ago. A lot of other posters recommended cheaper alternatives. Not sure if you could find the thread for where to get them though.

Happybunny19 Sun 18-Dec-16 12:23:52

Without any doubt take them back. I had a pair for my ds for longer from Brantano and took them back. They were really happy to refund as the brand had a known fault and they'd received loads back, so weren't at all surprised. If in any doubt email Clarks via their website first to complain.

Flanderspigeonmurderer Sun 18-Dec-16 12:28:03

I would take them back. My son has a pair of clarks shoes for school. He's been wearing them since September and they are holding up well.

JustDontGetIt Sun 18-Dec-16 12:37:30

Bark lol! Deffo take them back I did that at the beginning of the school year after 2 weeks with a pair of start-rites they were already peeling (at the front) and the sole was coming loose. They said it was wear and tear I said I hope they expect a £40 pair of shoes to last longer and they returned them

DailyFail1 Sun 18-Dec-16 12:50:06

They'll accept them back gladly if they went to shit after 7 weeks, might even replace and refund you too depending on how bad it is. So called cheaper alternatives don't have the same customer service.

ThanksForAllTheFish Sun 18-Dec-16 13:19:02

Clarks customer service for this type of thing is a bit hit and miss. In theory they should replace as 7 weeks is not a lot of wear for £40 shoes.

What will likely happen is your child's feet will be remeasured and you will be told they have grown 1/2 a size so you will be offered 50% off a new pair.

I know many people who this has happened to. I think if it happens within a couple of weeks you would get a replacement no problem but once you pass the 6 week mark they will try to fob you off. Be prepared for the questions re: scootering/ playing football/ kicking walls. They will try to first say the shoes have been mis treated but if you persist you will get the 1/2 size growth with 50% off scenario.

If you are really lucky you might get a replacement pair pair for free but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Starypjs Mon 19-Dec-16 18:23:08

Take them back I got a full refund after a pair of heels I bought stretched within 2 weeks wear to the point where I fell down a flight of stairs because they were so loose

elephantoverthehill Mon 19-Dec-16 18:37:08

I took a pair back years ago that belonged to DS1, the shoes has literally fallen apart at the front in about 6 weeks. I was told he was probably scuffing them on a sit on wheely toy. I pointed out that as we had just moved house those toys had not yet been unpacked. I got the 50% off thing. I found out later he has been using the ride on toys at nursery blush. Today I have complained about DS2's shoes. I bought him a pair of Vans for school in September. The sole has completely fallen off one. Due to location I cannot take them back but spoke to a very nice woman at customer services and I have sent photos of the shoes and my bank statement as proof of purchase. I am waiting for their decision. My advice would be, perhaps to try the shop first and if you don't get a satisfactory replacement, then try head office.

GoneGirl1234 Mon 19-Dec-16 19:27:56

Totally reasonable! You could give them a ring if you don't want to brace Xmas shopping crowds, their customer service centre were fab with similar issue I had recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now