Talk

Advanced search

To just want a normal cat

(44 Posts)
sobeyondthehills Sat 17-Dec-16 22:49:07

lighthearted

The other day, I took my dog out for a walk, he is reactive to other dogs and while we are working to address this, he is on the lead and we stay away from other dogs.

As I got to the park, I saw 2 other dogs so walked in the other direction, this however meant I was walking into the sun, and so didn't see the doberman off the lead till it was too late. My dog let go of his ball and starts barking. This doberman sees the ball and grabs it.

This is when my darling 3 legged cat dashes out the bushes and starts on the fucking doberman.

The doberman, looks at my cat, does what I can only assume is laugh his arse off and runs off with the ball.

This literally takes place within 20 seconds, owner of said doberman, calls his dog, places him on the lead and throws me the ball.

Meanwhile I am trying to restrain the damn cat

Enkopkaffetak Sat 17-Dec-16 23:02:37

grin grin grin grin grin grin

RebelRogue Sat 17-Dec-16 23:35:19

gringringringringringringrin

gamerchick Sat 17-Dec-16 23:36:35

grin

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 17-Dec-16 23:38:07

We used to have a ginger cat that would go for any dog that was stupid enough to get into his garden - the dogs would run like hell grin

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 17-Dec-16 23:40:51

He sounds adorable. Can we have a picture.

hollinhurst84 Sat 17-Dec-16 23:43:21

Mine face planted in yoghurt. He's also chased off a Rottweiler and a GSD hmm
Swap you?

sobeyondthehills Sat 17-Dec-16 23:43:52

we have 2 cats, the ginger three legged one and a black and white one. The ginger one seems to think he is a dog, will come out on walks, chase the ball, has now figured out leads.

He will sit just beyond a dog with a lead on. If a dog is off the lead he will dive under the fence and then bat the dog that is chasing him.

The black and white one, just treats the place as a hotel.

The ginger one, goes and sits in the disabled car parking space (I swear he can read) and refuses to move, you have to go and pick him up

salsmum Sat 17-Dec-16 23:44:09

My Siamese cat Ollie chases my lil terrier around the garden ...he's such a mischief both terrier and 24 kg staffy give him a very wide birth grin

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 17-Dec-16 23:44:50

Gingers are awesome grin

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 17-Dec-16 23:45:34

As are meezers (and possibly every breed and variety of cat actually) grin

TheoriginalLEM Sat 17-Dec-16 23:46:26

My mum's cat chased my rottie out of the house and half way down the road! To be fair my dog was a gentle giant but we were literally runnimg away from that cat shock

BantyCustards Sat 17-Dec-16 23:46:37

Normal is merely a spectrum

And please, promise us you are going to wear a body-cam at all times from now on; some of us have no life and need hilarious feline videos.

sobeyondthehills Sat 17-Dec-16 23:47:14

this is the both of them trying to kill me

WorraLiberty Sat 17-Dec-16 23:48:44

Hahaha! This thread has made my night! fgrin

I'm getting regularly bullied by a cat who lives in my area.

I mean to the point where if I don't stop and stroke him, he purposely trips me up, or leaps from fence to fence as I walk down my road and gives me the evil eye.

I was late for work the other day because of his controlling EA behaviour fhmm

sobeyondthehills Sat 17-Dec-16 23:49:00

Banty

There is video evidence somewhere of me being a crazy cat lady and being followed by both of them down the road, when I took my son to school. Neither of them understand why I am taking their pet away

BantyCustards Sat 17-Dec-16 23:49:29

Clearly they are putting quite a lot of effort into it...

fgrin

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 17-Dec-16 23:50:25

OMG they are adorable! Our ginger boy had patches of white too! Are they both doing that 'charming' thing of walking downstairs in front of you to lull you into a false sense of security, before stopping dead and lying down so you end up asking them nicely to move?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 17-Dec-16 23:52:44

The EA cat has made me laugh grin My parents have a Burmese who has chosen me as his favourite (despite me not living there since many years before he arrived) - being Burmese he shows his love by nudging, purring, being generally adorable and then suddenly biting shock

BantyCustards Sat 17-Dec-16 23:54:03

Ah, Drusilla, that reminds me of my Blue Point Birmin - exactly the same behaviour. I miss him.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 17-Dec-16 23:56:08

They are little sods, aren't they grin

sobeyondthehills Sat 17-Dec-16 23:57:02

No, my two weave between our legs going down the stairs. They are trying to kill me so they can eat me ;)

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 17-Dec-16 23:57:26

OMG. I want them. They're tooooo cuuuute

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 17-Dec-16 23:58:28

so Ooh 10/10 for forward planning grin

JenLindleyShitMom Sun 18-Dec-16 00:00:07

I was reading this OP thinking "she must have meant dog in the title instead of cat" but no!! And I am so happy you didn't! What a brilliant story. I would love to have a cat like that. I will swap you for one that pisses on the front door mat? No?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now