Talk

Advanced search

posting for traffic. how long to 1st class letters take over xmas

(10 Posts)
catwoman0815 Sat 17-Dec-16 15:40:57

sent within the UK. sent some large letters with pressies inside to family members within the UK and a week on non of them (sent to 3 different people) arrived.

is this normal or would you assume them lost (would need to producelast minute emergency gifts in that case).

haveacupoftea Sat 17-Dec-16 15:44:06

I had a large letter posted to me on Thursday and it arrived today confused

catwoman0815 Sat 17-Dec-16 15:46:14

bugger. waa hoping it was normal that it takes so long.

NotLadyPrickshit Sat 17-Dec-16 15:48:14

I've posted loads of parcels & letters recently - some 1st & some 2nd class.

They've all arrived albeit not in the expected order - 2nd class posted Saturday arrived quicker than 1st class posted Thursday previous!

Did you get a proof of posting?

I've posted 2 parcels 1st class today & hoping they arrive before Thursday next week!

catwoman0815 Sat 17-Dec-16 15:50:37

got proof of posting and can make a claim but that's not really the point. gifts lost and won't probably get a replacement ready before new year.

Madbengalmum Sat 17-Dec-16 15:53:06

There was something on the news about how you shouldnt post anything first class at this time of the year as second class stuff is getting there quicker! Bizarre

GiddyOnZackHunt Sat 17-Dec-16 15:55:56

1st class 'next day delivery' is suspended from December 1st. It takes as long as 2nd class.

catwoman0815 Sat 17-Dec-16 15:57:46

posted on Monday morning this week and still nothing... that is too slow even for a 2nd class speed, isn't it?

LadyTmalia Sat 17-Dec-16 16:02:15

I do the Royal Mail survey, and I am getting queried on my post times daily.

Mail is slow - especially if there are strikes happening

Dontneedausername Sat 17-Dec-16 16:08:27

I ordered from eBay on Thursday night about 9pm so definitely too late for same day posting. It was free standard delivery.
Came this morning....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now