Talk

Advanced search

To cancel party because I've been sick?

(8 Posts)
TwitterQueen1 Sat 17-Dec-16 11:04:06

This may the tamest AIBU ever - I've been sick twice this am and also have diarrhea. I'm OK-ish now, but have cancelled the party I was due to host tonight. I'm not BU am I? I don't have Noro (or I would be laid out on the bathroom floor - I've had it before) but I don't want to infect people just before Xmas.

Also - the salmon terrine I made last night - safe to eat or not?

christinarossetti Sat 17-Dec-16 11:06:52

Of course YANBU to cancel the party. It would be much worse to go ahead when you have a d& v bug.

Hope that you feel better soon.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 17-Dec-16 11:07:38

Yanbu!

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sat 17-Dec-16 11:08:26

YANBU. Cancel and explain why (without TMI). I wouldn't risk eating the terrine myself. let alone feeding it to others. Shame, but best to be safe. Feel better soon smile

PeachBellini123 Sat 17-Dec-16 11:08:34

Definitley not! You could make other people ill and you won't be able to enjoy yourself.

MrsMuddlePluck Sat 17-Dec-16 11:08:47

YANBU. If I knew you were ill, I wouldn't expect you to have the energy & you should wrap up & stay in bed ...And I wouldn't want to risk catching a bug either.

DailyMailDontStealMyThread Sat 17-Dec-16 11:09:12

Oh, that's a shame but it's the right thing to do.

Hope you feel better soon.

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 17-Dec-16 11:10:38

I would cancel. People will appreciate it because getting ill around Xmas is no fun. Can you rearrange for the new year? Sorry you're ill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now