Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask DH to have a wash?

(45 Posts)
wibblypig1 Sat 17-Dec-16 08:36:43

Kids and I were all really poorly 10 days ago with sickness bug. I had to have 2 days off work with them, ruining my 100% attendance record. To be honest, we were all really ill and my eldest missed 3 days of school and was told to go to A&E by the GP if things continued.

Last night, DH comes home from work saying he felt sick and then chugged his guts up in the en suite. Came downstairs to tell me not to sleep in our bedroom as he'd been so poorly I think he'd made a bit of a mess (haven't checked yet, slept in the spare room and got up with the kids) but I'm dreading getting dressed!

He's got up this morning bright and breezy and starts fannying about in the kitchen. I asked him if he'd had a wash, and he said he felt like a pariah in his home and how rude I was being, and that the sickness was due to a dodgy pork bap he had yesterday. I honestly do think what I asked was sensible, considering our horrendous weekend last week, so I throw it open to the mumsnetters to decide...

GlitterGlue Sat 17-Dec-16 08:39:20

Yep, he's a minger and needs to get a wash and clean up.

gamerchick Sat 17-Dec-16 08:41:11

No, its a shower after vomiting illness in this house. They all know! I don't give a toss if it was something they ate or not.

I think it would be pointy sticks if one of them started doing stuff in the kitchen.

wibblypig1 Sat 17-Dec-16 08:41:35

Ok, let's keep a tally:

Wibbly: I
Mr Wibbly: 0

wibblypig1 Sat 17-Dec-16 08:42:13

Wibbly: II
MrWibbly: 0

AllTheBabies Sat 17-Dec-16 08:42:54

Yeah, that's pretty inconsiderate. He has no way of knowing for sure if it's a bug or not so having a shower is surely a given.

Has he cleaned up the mess yet?!

neonrainbow Sat 17-Dec-16 08:44:01

Yuk... how has he not cleaned up after himself and had a shower?! Dirty git.

BastardGoDarkly Sat 17-Dec-16 08:44:44

Maybe he had cleaned up, and had a wash? And was just being arsey at you asking?

Allthewaves Sat 17-Dec-16 08:44:49

More importantly - has he cleaned up????

CauliflowerSqueeze Sat 17-Dec-16 08:44:50

Of course he should have a bloody wash. It's rude putting you in a position whereby you should even have to ask or remind ffs.

Wolfiefan Sat 17-Dec-16 08:44:57

How does having a wash make you less likely to spread a bug?! confused

elodie2000 Sat 17-Dec-16 08:45:54

He needs to have a shower now. Smelly sick man.

ChristmasTreeCat Sat 17-Dec-16 08:46:11

He needs to wash and clean up as a matter of urgency. Even without the back story of your illness, he is just being grim!

CauliflowerSqueeze Sat 17-Dec-16 08:46:15

??? He will have little splashes of sick all over himself. Would you like him to prepare your breakfast wolfie ?

TwoFs Sat 17-Dec-16 08:47:57

I'd want him to clean the bathroom, strip the bed and have a shower before doing anything else this morning. Even if it was just a dodgy bap! Grim

DodoRevival Sat 17-Dec-16 08:48:24

Of course he should wash (and clean up after himself).

gamerchick Sat 17-Dec-16 08:49:05

The same way lots of soapy hand washing removes noro from your hands confused

Sick means bits of sick on your body. Some bugs can live a time in the open. You shower to get rid of it.

Wolfiefan Sat 17-Dec-16 08:49:15

Would be really? Maybe I'm a very tidy vomiter!
TBH if I have been unwell I would change my clothes and shower. I wouldn't think to tell a grown person to do this. Oh and clean teeth (chuck toothbrush), wash hands and ensure all surfaces clean.

elodie2000 Sat 17-Dec-16 08:51:19

How does having a wash make you less likely to spread a bug?!

???!!! confused

www.nhs.uk/Livewell/homehygiene/Pages/prevent-germs-from-spreading.aspx

Softkitty2 Sat 17-Dec-16 08:52:52

He needs a wash just as a precaution.. Did he go to his secret lab to test that it was the pork bap?

Also, as a precaution what's 10 mins of washing n disinfecting the en suite compared to what could happen again?!

wibblypig1 Sat 17-Dec-16 08:54:48

I'm currently locked in the lounge with the kids, I don't want to let them out. I think he is in the kitchen on his iPad.
He hasn't washed yet as I can hear the shower from where I am.
It's making me nervous. What is the potential sentence for suffocation via Dettol spray?

Wibbly:10
MrWibbly: potentially 2?

CauliflowerSqueeze Sat 17-Dec-16 08:55:44

Would be really? Maybe I'm a very tidy vomiter!
As the vomit hits the surface, there will be a backsplash and even if you can't necessarily see it, all the germs will settle all over you.

QueenofLouisiana Sat 17-Dec-16 08:56:19

It doesn't matter why he was sick, still needs a shower afterwards! The only thing that should delay it is cleaning up the room. Urgh!

wibblypig1 Sat 17-Dec-16 09:05:05

I thought I was being perfectly reasonable. Thanks so far for replies, although I was a bit hmm at the question about washing getting rid of germs...If I hit him with actual facts he'll go orbital. I need to tackle this properly...
Anyone good at hostage negotiation/making deals with tyrants? I can't stay in the lounge all day, the CBeebies panto will be on permanent loop (it's the new one) and I can't access the biscuits.

carabos Sat 17-Dec-16 09:15:51

Print out the info from Elodie's link above and slide it under the door. Or, seeing as he's on his tablet, send him a ranty email...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now