Talk

Advanced search

To ask which is the best home you've been in?

(11 Posts)
clayspaniel Sat 17-Dec-16 08:31:58

Following on from the thread about the worst home you've ever been in, would be interested to know about the best. Would love inspiration!

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 17-Dec-16 08:39:19

Mine. It's epic.

Colourful.

I have a Grim Reaper in my dining room and a Stormtrooper in my lounge. Also have a Totoro on the top of my Christmas tree.

CigarsofthePharoahs Sat 17-Dec-16 08:40:57

A friend of mine has an open coffee morning once a week. She's very welcoming, lets the children have fun with toys and plies everyone with drinks and cake.
I'm in awe of her, I can never be that relaxed with guests!
Ds likes the trampoline in the garden the most though!

elodie2000 Sat 17-Dec-16 08:43:06

Mine! verything belongs to me, I can do, eat, watch what I like. I can stay in bed until I feel like it, I can leave it a mess or clear up. Nobody knocks on the door and I can shut the world out.
Thinking about the other thread, I bet the people who live in the horrible houses people have described feel the same as I do about their homes. The mistake they've made is letting anyone else come in through the front door!

FormerlyFrikadela01 Sat 17-Dec-16 08:44:10

Not counting my parents, since I lived there and it's lovely. My in laws. I have never felt uncomfortable there. It's cosy and homely.

I truly believe it's the people that make a house nice, not the décor.

Helenluvsrob Sat 17-Dec-16 08:54:06

My in laws old house was beautiful. An only turn of the century house with a fireplace and all. Comfy cosy and elegant. And huge - staying with small children was a breeze as there was space.

Have visited one of the listed Georgian houses near the city centre and that was wow. Didn't see upstairs though. The road was dim old I couldn't find the house initially as they were numbered sequentially rather than odds one side and evens the other!

MiscellaneousAssortment Sat 17-Dec-16 08:59:33

A wonderful family who took me in for a month one Easter. I wish they knew how much it meant to me and how much the mum particularly changed my life.

First ever experience of living somewhere kind, accepting and warm... very generous people with everything, time, energy, home, lifts etc.

And very wonderfully silly! The mannequin arms sticking out of ancient wooden beams, the light switch rigged up to music in the loo (no quiet visits to the bathroom!), the bonkers art made out of strange things cobbled together.

Oh it was lovely smile

Probably would have made someone else's worst house to visit!

honeylulu Sat 17-Dec-16 09:04:15

My in-laws house that they lived in when I first met them. Beautiful period property with original features. Massive with huge grand reception rooms and Cinderella staircase. I used to love imagining sweeping down the stairs in a ball gown. It had a big walled garden too - you would never guess you were in the middle of town. My MIL has a great eye for decor and made it rally beautiful. (She was a cunt to me though, so I don't agree that only nice people have lovely homes.)
My house I live in now is similar, I love old houses, but it's a MUCH smaller/less grand version!

clayspaniel Sat 17-Dec-16 09:10:00

In law's having lovely homes seems to be a theme!

Love51 Sat 17-Dec-16 12:31:42

I'm enjoying this thread. Am bumping it as I don't really have a best house but am hoping to create one.

RentANDBills Sat 17-Dec-16 12:35:44

What a nice thread smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now