Talk

Advanced search

Can't sleep, freaking out about a mole

(6 Posts)
CupcakesForBreakfast Fri 16-Dec-16 22:56:39

I've had a mole on my stomach for at least a few years now, never really thought anything of it but looking at it tonight it is very dark and although it's an oval shape the edges are lighter and more blurred than defined.
I've been googling and have convinced myself I have melanoma.
Will make a gp appointment to have it checked on Monday. I have health anxiety and I'm all panicked sad

DameSquashalot Fri 16-Dec-16 23:18:31

My brain has fallen asleep, but didn't want to RaR.
I hope all goes well with your tests

Justaboy Fri 16-Dec-16 23:23:02

Arrgh! you've got that mother of all nasties Googlydiagnoseonlineits!

You probably won't survive the weekend with worry;-(

Have you got somewhere handy for Prince Willlum to land his chopper?.

rattling Fri 16-Dec-16 23:24:41

Obviously can't say one way or another really, and glad you plan to see the doctor next week, but...

I am anxious about my huge number of moles too. Was referred to mole clinic at our great local hospital where the doctor examined me along with a student so I got a lot of attention. My idea of even in colour and shape really didn't match hers, some of mine are to my eye very uneven, but she was perfectly unperturbed.

I manage to spot a "new" one every few months - but I have hundreds, so they are easy to miss.

Hopefully your GP will be able to put your mind at rest, try not to worry, but do check it out.

Monkeyinshoes Fri 16-Dec-16 23:33:57

Definitely get it checked but try not to worry. There is such thing as atypical moles. I have one on the back of my neck. It has uneven edges, uneven height, uneven colour. It caused me so much worry but it's been checked by two GP's and three dermatologists, all say it's fine.

Hopefully it's nothing but get it checked to be on the safe side.

stonecircle Fri 16-Dec-16 23:47:49

It may not even be a mole. I went to a mole clinic for a full body check a few years ago. Not because I have a lot of moles but because I took some ridiculous risks with the sun and sun beds when I was younger. Quite a few of the marks I did have were things other than moles. Don't ask me to name them all! Though I do have a few sebaceous warts which look a bit like oval moles and can change shape quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now