Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be happy it's the Christmas holidays

(8 Posts)
holidaysaregreat Fri 16-Dec-16 19:49:27

After all the teacher bashing threads am I being unreasonable to be feeling a tiny bit smug that I & OH now have 2 weeks and a day off. It has been a long term. I am prepared to be flamed!

Katy07 Fri 16-Dec-16 19:51:59

Enjoy every minute of it! fgrin

PaperdollCartoon Fri 16-Dec-16 19:52:32

My mum is a teacher, she doesn't break up until the 21st. She's had a very long term as well and is in desperate need of a break... enjoy your holiday Holidays smile

PumpkinPie2016 Fri 16-Dec-16 19:52:47

Fellow teacher here and YANBU grin we've been totally manic literally all term and I'm very glad the holidays have arrived smile

I need to sort xmas now as not done much at all!

JustCallMeKate Fri 16-Dec-16 19:55:20

I'm very jealous as I still have 2 and a half days to get through. Enjoy your break OP.

harderandharder2breathe Fri 16-Dec-16 19:58:05

I know some schools that are in right up to the 23rd!

bushtailadventures Fri 16-Dec-16 19:59:25

The way the children have been the last couple of weeks, I'm ecstatic it's the holidays! I love Christmas, but a playground full of over-excited, over-tired children doesn't make for a fun time.

holidaysaregreat Fri 16-Dec-16 21:01:54

DS age just 7 fell asleep at about 5pm as he was completely wiped out. Just woke up though and watching CBBC on iPlayer. I have drunk the best part of a bottle of prosecco.
pumpkin I need to start getting some festive treats in - not at all sorted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now