Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be happy it's the Christmas holidays

(8 Posts)
holidaysaregreat Fri 16-Dec-16 19:49:27

After all the teacher bashing threads am I being unreasonable to be feeling a tiny bit smug that I & OH now have 2 weeks and a day off. It has been a long term. I am prepared to be flamed!

Katy07 Fri 16-Dec-16 19:51:59

Enjoy every minute of it! fgrin

PaperdollCartoon Fri 16-Dec-16 19:52:32

My mum is a teacher, she doesn't break up until the 21st. She's had a very long term as well and is in desperate need of a break... enjoy your holiday Holidays smile

PumpkinPie2016 Fri 16-Dec-16 19:52:47

Fellow teacher here and YANBU grin we've been totally manic literally all term and I'm very glad the holidays have arrived smile

I need to sort xmas now as not done much at all!

JustCallMeKate Fri 16-Dec-16 19:55:20

I'm very jealous as I still have 2 and a half days to get through. Enjoy your break OP.

harderandharder2breathe Fri 16-Dec-16 19:58:05

I know some schools that are in right up to the 23rd!

bushtailadventures Fri 16-Dec-16 19:59:25

The way the children have been the last couple of weeks, I'm ecstatic it's the holidays! I love Christmas, but a playground full of over-excited, over-tired children doesn't make for a fun time.

holidaysaregreat Fri 16-Dec-16 21:01:54

DS age just 7 fell asleep at about 5pm as he was completely wiped out. Just woke up though and watching CBBC on iPlayer. I have drunk the best part of a bottle of prosecco.
pumpkin I need to start getting some festive treats in - not at all sorted!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: