Talk

Advanced search

To think that I shouldn't be on my way home?

(6 Posts)
BasinHaircut Fri 16-Dec-16 18:56:09

Had work Xmas lunch much today. Pretty much everyone went home by 5pm. Me and the hardcore stayed till 6.

What has my life become confused

VeryBitchyRestingFace Fri 16-Dec-16 19:01:09

I have severe asthma. One of the triggers is anything cold hitting the back of my throst (ie, air, cold drinks).

I realised at this year's xmas meal night out what a sad case I've become as everyone else got stuck into the wine and spirits and I sat nursing a mug of er... hot tea.

fsad

BasinHaircut Fri 16-Dec-16 19:07:53

No one wanted to get stuck on though resting!

I will admit that last year I had one glass of wine only but I did still stay until last to join in.

It's so odd, we are quite a close team and in the office it's great fun but when it comes to being social it's just a non starter!

MakeItStopNeville Fri 16-Dec-16 19:10:49

DH's was over by 2.30 before everyone headed home and he was the only one in the entire team that had a beer (he's the boss!). Rock and roll, eh?! grin

KayTee87 Fri 16-Dec-16 19:12:16

I'm on my way home from mine too but have a 4&a half month old baby that's been making life difficult for poor dh today (refusing feeds etc.) so that's my excuse grin
Plus I want a good nights sleep lol

gabsdot Fri 16-Dec-16 19:46:16

I had my Christmas lunch today and it finished at 3!!!!
I'm now having a lie down because I'm going to see Rogue one at 9.30pm and It's over very late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now