Talk

Advanced search

I am being so unreasonable please someone tell me how stupid I'm being

(4 Posts)
RoystonVaseySmegHead Fri 16-Dec-16 18:50:52

Dp isn't very happy, don't know if it's stress or he's depressed or something, it's sort of in between and we're not really good at the minute but I'm not sure why. I go to see my friend maybe once a fortnight/ every couple of week (pretty much the only person I see regularly, and never overnight or to get drunk or anything) and I don't trust her dog around ds and I feel bad taking ds to hers and making her shut the dog out, so I've always gone on my own. (Don't know if this is relevant) anyway dp works in a supermarket with a couple of lasses our age. One of which he seems to have a good relationship with whereas as far as I know he doesn't bother with the others. 2 weeks ago he went to McDonalds with her, fair enough but he didn't text anyone to let us know where he was going or get her to tell his mum who also works at the shop. his phone was dead so couldn't get in contact with him. This was at 2, he turned up at mine at about half 6 after me and his mum bein really worried because like I said he's not in a good place mentally and I worry that one day he'll go somewhere and not tell anyone for whatever reason. He went with her to give her relationship advice because she's having trouble with her long distance boyfriend. Since then he's been worse than usual happiness wise. He usually stops at mine from Monday to Wednesday then I go to his on a Thursday ad go home Friday, but on Sunday he said he wasn't happy and He didn't know what to do so I assumed it was something I'd done so I said to go on a break and James how he feels. So I saw him on Wednesday and yesterday and everything was fine. Today I needed to to go my friends to take Xmas pressies and his mum offered to watch ds for a few hours after I texted her asking if she thought he'd have ds. Anyway he finished at 6 and I waked down the same way he walks home after dropping ds off at his mums hoping to see him but didn't and when I went past the shop on my way to my friends he wasn't there so i assumed I must have missed him. For me to walk round the corner and see him walking coming from the opposite direction with this other lass, said hi he looked happy then started complaining that I asked his mum to have ds. I asked him where he'd come from he said work, and he showed me a bag with some stuff in so I assumed he'd bein to the bank to get change. But In it was something that looked like a good packet and a bottle of red square. Our relationship is so bad right now I'm really worried there's something going on with him and the girl... please someone tell me I'm being ridiculous or I'm likely to cry. For the record I don't want to confront him and look an ass if I'm wrong, but he doesn't have many friends and he spends a lot of time with her. If you made it this far then I'm Sorry it's a bit long winded I'm on a busy bus and didn't want to drip feed...

RhiWrites Fri 16-Dec-16 18:56:02

What's a good packet? Or red square? Why are you worried they mean an affair?

Isn't it just as likely the girl is being a good mate? Talk to him. Ask him how you can help.

RoystonVaseySmegHead Fri 16-Dec-16 19:07:04

He'll get face on, good packet = food packet, red squares a kind of cheap vodka sours kinda drink... apparently he got her to go to McDonalds with him again today... I'm just worried that they're getting close and it'll be the ends of us... I've no self esteem I'm fat, seen prettier cows and we've been together 5 years, im the the first lass he went out with properly and we've been together since we were still at school, I'm worrying about nothing aren't I?

LittleBooInABox Fri 16-Dec-16 19:15:58

Someone once told me advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. Confront him, and the girl if needs be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now