Talk

Advanced search

To think this isn't journalism

(24 Posts)
MagicMary1 Fri 16-Dec-16 16:30:56

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4040146/Would-swear-child-Mother-sparks-heated-debate-using-bad-language-kids-insists-shows-lack-class-brand-snob.html

I'm glad I featured though wink

MagicMary1 Fri 16-Dec-16 16:31:06

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4040146/Would-swear-child-Mother-sparks-heated-debate-using-bad-language-kids-insists-shows-lack-class-brand-snob.html

ShowMePotatoSalad Fri 16-Dec-16 16:32:49

From the comments section:

"Mumsnet wants taking down. From what I've seen it does nothing but cause trouble".

Why does that make me laugh so much? fgrin

Katy07 Fri 16-Dec-16 16:34:28

I knew it would be about the Daily Mail - that bastion of elegant writing, perfect grammar, attention to detail and insistence on the truth. grin

iklboo Fri 16-Dec-16 16:35:59

Oh yes. Mumsnet causes loads of trouble. The Daily Fail, on the other hand......

LittleBooInABox Fri 16-Dec-16 16:36:49

We could actually have meaningful journalists who right about homelessness or other issues. But nope we lazy ones who'd rather sit at there desks then actually find a story!

MrsMattBomer Fri 16-Dec-16 16:37:09

Oh we're doing our job then.

The DM comments hate us because we're (generally) women who have careers and talk about actual things instead of standing in the kitchen and talking about handbags.

FlappysMammyAndPopeInExile Fri 16-Dec-16 16:37:27

Absolutely! Down with Mumsnet!!!!!

The Wail must be terrified at the prospect of that - where would they get their copy from?

grin

sotiredbutworthit Fri 16-Dec-16 16:37:45

Why are they trolling Mumsnet when they should be working? On real news. Oh yeah, it's the mail! They wouldn't know journalism if it punched them in their xenophobic faces!

lalalalyra Fri 16-Dec-16 16:38:24

But Mumsnet does cause trouble... It lets women discuss things! Sometimes we even swear or worse, accept that someone is entitled to an opinion different to our own fshock

Reallt it should be taken down before we all get ideas above our stations!

GrumpyOldBag Fri 16-Dec-16 16:39:52

Do you know what?

I don't want to post anything any more on here in case it ends up on the pages of that loathsome right wing comic masquerading as a 'news'paper.

birdybirdywoofwoof Fri 16-Dec-16 16:41:42

I feel sorry for the journalists who do it - waves
C'mon, can't you write that novel instead?

RuggerHug Fri 16-Dec-16 16:42:06

Lalalalyra too late. Giving us the vote was a token gesture (sure weren't we good women who would vote for who our Father/husband told us to?). Letting us drive was when we got notionsgrin. According to my Dad.

*Disclaimer he was being VERY sarcastic when he said it!

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Fri 16-Dec-16 16:43:48

Oh the irony of linking to the article - all those extra clicks will teach them 😂😂

birdybirdywoofwoof Fri 16-Dec-16 16:48:53

I didn't click!

It's a shame for mumsnet, and a shame for all of us, I think.

I posted something the other day, and as soon as I did, I thought, 'fuckkk that's so daily mail fodder' so I got it deleted immediately. It is a weird thing.

PrivatePike Fri 16-Dec-16 16:50:49

I see theses threads popping up all the time now - surely this is a fairly recent thing? Since the beaker thing or whatever? Or has it always happened and I've just become aware (been on MN quite a few years now).

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Fri 16-Dec-16 16:59:00

It's been happening for a while - people struggle with the idea of it being a public site. It's lazy ass journalism of course but every time someone links to a story, DM get more clicks and MN gets more potential members

birdybirdywoofwoof Fri 16-Dec-16 17:02:34

I think in the past, the "journalist" would find a story, might approach the OP and then turn it into an article.

Now, they tend to just transplant it whole. I guess there's an honesty in the 'we nicked this entirely off that horrendous mumsnet' site approach.

WorraLiberty Fri 16-Dec-16 17:06:04

Hold on, you're a Daily Mail reader and you've only just noticed this sort of thing isn't journalism OP?

How long did it take to reach this conclusion?

Sparklingbrook Fri 16-Dec-16 17:06:45

There is a thread about this every single day now.

PrivatePike Fri 16-Dec-16 17:13:04

Yeah, it does feel like a daily ritual now! I wish people would just stop posting about it, and we can all pretend it isn't happening. <excellent approach to life>

Sparklingbrook Fri 16-Dec-16 17:27:50

Or have a 'Moan about threads appearing in the DM' topic.

birdybirdywoofwoof Fri 16-Dec-16 17:29:49

I like it!

Sparklingbrook Fri 16-Dec-16 17:34:21

There was a thread a few weeks ago

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2796405-To-start-listing-all-the-articles-currently-being-drawn-from-Mumsnet-by-the-Daily-Mail?msgid=65319082

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now