Talk

Advanced search

Decathlon are shite

(13 Posts)
rightsofwomen Fri 16-Dec-16 15:49:19

Ordered a couple of presents on the 10th. Confirmation received saying will be with me around the 14th.
Nothing more since then. Send a chase up email. No reply. Phone them and am told no guarantee of getting order before Xmas.

AIBU to expect them to have told me this. Crap. No store near me fsad

alltouchedout Fri 16-Dec-16 15:51:58

Oh god. I'm awaiting mine too. I'll have to follow them up now.

Never heard of it. The advice on here is usually to take to Facebook and Twitter for better customer service. Yanbu to be annoyed- Christmas present?

rightsofwomen Fri 16-Dec-16 15:54:41

And I get mad when the person on the phone blames suppliers or whatever. I don't care...my contract is with them. Yes, I know it's not her actual fault, but she is the spokesperson.

So, I need a base layer for a 10 year old girl in black and some running tights (proper ones, not leggings) for a 13 year old girl (size 6 or age 13). Budget of a tenner each.

rightsofwomen Fri 16-Dec-16 15:55:24

long sleeved base layer

TeaPleaseLouise Fri 16-Dec-16 15:55:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sweepingchange Fri 16-Dec-16 15:56:47

I love Decathlon (but have never tried their on-line delivery service admittedly).

It's an international company now, but originally French, and it has to be said that French on-line commerce isn't very well developed as yet nor is the concept of good customer service.

We visit the shop here in Belgium though and have bought loads of outdoor and country type clothing which washes and wears well, looks good, for very fair prices.

Hope your parcels arrive in time for Christmas!

stripeknee Fri 16-Dec-16 16:00:17

www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0386548001.html
Hm ladies bottoms size xs might fit 7.99 and i think there is a free delivery code around

www.tesco.com/direct/ff-active-mesh-panel-leggings/155-4207.prd?skuId=600-3306 4.50 size 6 free next day click and collect from tesco or spend 10 and free delivery when sign up for a free delivery trial which is easy to cancel

stripeknee Fri 16-Dec-16 16:01:19

www.tesco.com/direct/ff-active-cut-out-detail-fold-over-leggings/299-3785.prd?skuId=167-1873 also in a size 6
i have found tesco activewear to be good quality

JigglyTuff Fri 16-Dec-16 16:02:33

I've ordered stuff from them loads of times and it's always arrived very quickly. Sorry that hasn't been your experience. sad

Could you try Mountain Warehouse instead?

rightsofwomen Fri 16-Dec-16 16:04:02

Thank you stripe. I didn't think of looking at the fashion shops!

I will have a good look this evening.

sweeping I cancelled the order. I can't wait for them to fanny around!

stripeknee Fri 16-Dec-16 16:05:03

use code 6014 for free delivery on hm or sign up for newsletter and get 25% plus free delivery if you are a new customer they normally take 2-3 days at the most

mudandmayhem01 Fri 16-Dec-16 16:05:54

Decathlon is one of favourite shops, my kids do a lot of different sports and their basic kit for running, swimming, hockey, biking as saved me a fortune. Tend to use order on line and pick up in store though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now