Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours driving me mad!

(18 Posts)
Littlesmiler Fri 16-Dec-16 15:46:47

Basically getting on my every last nerve! We live on a terraced street with back alley etc. It's bin day today, the last blue bin (plastic/paper/cardboard recycling etc) so I've got home from college, gone to get our bin in, and low and behold the neighbours have filled it to the brim- beer cans all sorts, I know it's them as they were stupid enough to leave letters with their name and address on our bin (right at the top as well!!). It's the LAST bin collection before xmas. We have a 3yr old who has plenty of presents (coming in wrapping paper and cardboard), so we're going to have no space to put all the paper etc, so now thanks to them going to have to do a tip run over xmas. Then to make matters worse as I've come back throu the yard I've noticed lots of cigarette - rolly ends in our garden next to the wall on their side!! I know they smoke weed as they blatantly stand on the street and smoke it - even the woman's 16 year old daughter smokes it with her!! Now as we don't smoke, and the wall is next to their side I can only assume they're smoking they're drugs and fags and flicking the ends in our garden! We have dogs who frequently go out in th garden unattended, so I'm quite annoyed, imagine if they ate one 😳 The drugs annoy me enough as it is, sometimes they literally stand on the street (our house is like straight onto the pavement - no garden) smoking drugs and obviously it's quite intimidating if I have to walk past them to the shop etc, but it's even worse if we have visitors, it makes me so embarrassed. Even worse in the summer months they left their front door wide open all day long- I was walking our dogs and didnt realise their door was open, and their big staff/bulldog type dog came running out and went for our dogs! To this day they're funny around other dogs, with tails between their legs etc. Then the woman's new fella told me that if I wanted to walk my dogs to go and ask them to shut the door! I mean really, what if that had been a child?! Theyre just such tramps. In summer when the door was open and you walked past you could smell their house. Like it's unexplainable but just such a dirty awful smell. And their teenage daughter is an absolute nightmare, constantly having tantrums and smashing the place up and crying every time she splits with her boyfriend! Arghhhhh, I hate them so much, but because of what they're like I'm terrified of upsetting/annoying them for fear of retaliation. Her teenage son who doesn't even live with her came last Christmas and they obviously had a row of some kind, and it ended up with him kicking a wing mirror of another neighbours car (he doesn't even know the neighbour, just her car was clearly parked in the wrong place at the wrong time while he was kicking of with his own mother!!) sorry for the rant, but would love to hear if anyone's in a similar situation, or any ideas what I can do 🙄

YelloDraw Fri 16-Dec-16 16:49:23

Sound like utter scrotes.

GEt a bin lock to prevent future fuckitry.

Go and tip the rubbish out over their step. Or over the street - then call the council and say someone has been flytipping - and hope the counbcil come nad give them a £1k fine when they see the letters.

timeisnotaline Fri 16-Dec-16 16:53:23

Have the bins gone? If not, tip their stuff out and put yours in.

ScarletForYa Fri 16-Dec-16 16:59:32

Bag it up and leave it on their doorstep.

Littlesmiler Fri 16-Dec-16 17:06:33

TBH I'm so intimidated by them that I don't want to do anything like that, they'll know it's me and I think they would do something in retaliation like keying the cars etc. I literally feel snookered. They really are scum of the earth. What's even more annoying is that the woman was actually alright b edits she got this new fella. She got with him about a year ago, and since then there's the arguing, drugs and general skanks there say and night. Don't know whether to pity her or hate her!

SquinkiesRule Fri 16-Dec-16 17:20:24

Sweep up all the cigarette ends and tip it over the wall into their yard. Then bag up all their rubbish and place it outside their gate, or drop it over their gate into their yard. Then pull your bin inside your yard, I'd stick it in my shed. Don't say a word and play innocent.

Latenightreader Fri 16-Dec-16 17:37:14

Call the council and report them, or for a faster response look up your local Councillors and contact them - they have better contacts than the generic public line.

If they have left rubbish with their name on the council will be able to fine them (or possibly write a stern letter - depends on their policy). I dealt with something similar a few months ago, and the person had left their details in the dumped rubbish. They were visited by a waste officer and haven't tried it again (or if they have it wasn't reported to me)...

7SunshineSeven7 Fri 16-Dec-16 17:39:30

Tip the stuff into bin bags, keep the letters to one side. Take the bin bags to their front door, be really smiley and friendly and say:

''You seem to have put this in the wrong bin so I'm bring it back to you.''
All smiley, then offer the letters separately, ''You might want to rip up your letters before you toss them out too, they have your details all over them, don't want anyone to get hold of them who shouldn't.''

LauraBiding Fri 16-Dec-16 17:40:11

You are one of my neighbours going by the description grin. If so, weird area... thought it was in danger of gentrification but no such luck...
Just bag up their stuff and leave it in the back lane - not necessarily in front of their gate if you don't want to piss them off.
Apart from that I can only empathise.

whyohwhy000 Fri 16-Dec-16 18:06:46

Why put it in yours? Our council will collect rubbish as long as it's left NEXT to the bin, and the bin itself closes properly.

Littlesmiler Sat 17-Dec-16 00:26:18

Our council won't, they're total arses- the bin lid has to close completely for them to empty the bin. Laura, I hope not as round here it's become a total sh*thole recently!!

baconandeggies Sat 17-Dec-16 00:53:42

Can you move? Can understand why you feel intimidated by the nasty fuckers

Littlesmiler Sat 17-Dec-16 01:40:52

I would love to, but as we're private renting, it's bloody hard with 2 dogs, 2 cats & a toddler 🙄

AutumnalLeaves38 Sat 17-Dec-16 02:09:10

God, they sound like Hellish neighbours. How horrible for you to have to put up with their behaviour & intimidation.

1. Keep diary, log every incident (no matter how far down the list of priorities it may seem at the time), take photos of bin incidents/ fag end littering etc...the aim is to build up a more vivid, overall picture of what you're having to deal with on a daily basis.

Might just jog the Council/ community police into taking it more seriously if/ when you go down reporting the antisocial behaviour (& emotional stress, frankly) route.

2. Have I understood correctly that the terrace's front doors all open onto the street (ie directly onto a pavement), and it's the back alley fence/ hedge over which they're chucking their spliff remains?

Do they have neighbours on the other side, too? If yes, are they approachable? Perhaps you could compare notes and see if they're suffering too. Join forces!

If PITA Neighbours are so completely selfish, they might just not give a shit, but you've nothing to lose in trying anything at this point: how are your acting skills?! You could (loudly) fake a dog-eating-fag-ends scenario, major panic and shouting to friend that, oh Jesus it's an emergency vet call-out again because of the dog's severe plant allergies...they'll need to run tests to find out what strain of tobacco etc. etc.

Such drama might cause them to panic for once, thinking vet would have legal duty to report to police (though I'm afraid the cynic in me doubts such Twats would have the ability to think that far).

Hope you/ the Council can sort it somehow. So unfair you're having to suffer. Good luck.

fourforksache Sat 17-Dec-16 02:15:27

Wah, binmoan.

baconandeggies Sat 17-Dec-16 11:08:11

Get registered with all the local letting agents and put out messages on your local FB selling groups - you never know - agents and landlords often don't need to advertise homes that accept pets as they carry lists of families looking.

BumWad Sat 17-Dec-16 11:23:42

I would move

fourforksache Sat 17-Dec-16 11:45:07

Apologies for my snotty response earlier. I was in a foul mood and it was unfair. It does sound like a very bad situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now