Talk

Advanced search

To ask you which is the more appropriate xmas present for our cleaner?

(8 Posts)
morningrunner Fri 16-Dec-16 14:46:36

Gift, voucher or cash?

We don't know her very well but are on friendly terms

EveOnline2016 Fri 16-Dec-16 14:47:28

Cash, because it mean he/she is free to pick from whatever shop he/she would like.

Ellisandra Fri 16-Dec-16 14:50:18

I think voucher is more gift like than cash, but I'd give the amount of one week'S clean to be logical.
Gifts are kind but I hate waste and if you don't know someone it ends up being chocolate / wine / a bloody smelly waste of money candle (sorry - personal opinion grin) that isn't to their taste.
Everybody likes cash.
The gift would be more festive.

gamerchick Fri 16-Dec-16 14:50:34

Cash.

TheProblemOfSusan Fri 16-Dec-16 14:52:29

I think cash is nice because it's like a end of year bonus for good work, and she can use it for a present for herself or offset her Christmas costs with it. But if you prefer giving a gift, why not cash and then a very small gift like nice tea or coffee or something, less than a fiver, as well? Generally with small gifts I go for use-up-able and re-giftable so if it's not too the person's tastes they don't need to keep it.

MiddlingMum Fri 16-Dec-16 14:53:29

Cash and some flowers.

Ellisandra Fri 16-Dec-16 14:58:29

Use-up-able is always a winner.

My XH and I nearly came to blows one year when he wanted to buy friends some cheap prints. They weren't even pictures as such - imagine a set of 3 squares of different shades of brown. They weren't awful (if you wanted to decorate a soulless hotel in the 00s) but you just should give someone something to stick on their wall that almost certainly won't be their taste hmm

traviata Fri 16-Dec-16 15:08:38

cash, and a tin of biscuits or something if she has DC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now