Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think the school is taking the piss a bit?

(5 Posts)
nicetoseeyoutoseeyounice Fri 16-Dec-16 11:19:02

So far this week: Monday they wanted either a bottle of something or some chocolates from each child for their xmas fete, Tuesday they wanted cakes for the cake sale, Wednesday they wanted £3.50 for a xmas disco, Thursday something savoury from the boys, something sweet from the girls for their class parties and today £1 for xmas jumper day. Just think it's a bit much all in one week! TBH it didn't cost that much in total but it's such a ball ache.

katand2kits Fri 16-Dec-16 11:21:01

Wanted is the key word. You don't need to provide them with everything that they ask for! Donating to fetes and cake sales is entirely optional. But yes, I agree, they do seem to ask a lot at this time of year and I imagine that can be quite stressful for some families in a month that is already expensive for them.

IcanMooCanYou Fri 16-Dec-16 19:44:50

All are voluntary (except maybe the disco if they really want to go, but is £3.50 really unreasonable for an hour/2 hour's child care?) and where do you think the money goes... The staff piss up?

We've not asked for quite so much in such a short time at my school but I'd not be able to tell you who did or didn't contribute in my class.

reup Fri 16-Dec-16 19:48:18

You have to supervise your own kids at my children's school. So no child care involved!

DailyFail1 Fri 16-Dec-16 19:49:49

My dsd's school wanted bottles for a fete too so I gave bottles of rum (it was pirate themed) and I was told off. Never bothered since

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now