Talk

Advanced search

meanies at Homebase

(22 Posts)
Carameli Sun 18-Feb-07 18:00:04

Hi,

just had to tell other what happened to my dh and dd(3.5yrs) yesterday afternoon at Guildford Homebase. They were looking around at a few things and dd needed to go to the toilet so dh asked if there was one she could use as she was quite desperate.

Was told by the manager she could not use any there, not even a staff one as they were worried about people vandalising them.
I could not believe it when I heard this as have often been out and allowed to use staff toilets with a desperate toddler. Have I just been lucky?

I think it was so horrid of Homebase to be like this.

Jenski Sun 18-Feb-07 18:04:33

Maybe their staff toilet was such a disgrace that they didn't want customers to see it!

melpomene Sun 18-Feb-07 18:04:37

That is mean. What did you do? If it happened to me I would be tempted to let dd use the display (unplumbed) toilet in the bathroom section.

ghosty Sun 18-Feb-07 18:06:23

I would have told them that my 3 year old would just have to do a wee on the floor if they didn't let her use the toilet.

tiredemma Sun 18-Feb-07 18:19:43

thats outrageous.

I would have encouraged my child to urinate on the shop floor, as a matter of principle.

SueW Sun 18-Feb-07 18:28:29

How strange. Our local Homebase has a customer loo. Thank goodness.

TravellingontheClaphamOmnibus Sun 18-Feb-07 18:53:45

fgs, could he not use a corner of the carpark? Much better than the display unit and little boys pee anywhere anyway.

No customer loos, no big deal.

YABU.

amidaiwish Sun 18-Feb-07 18:58:50

what???
he should definitely have let him either a)wet himself or b)use the display toilet.
stupid idiots.
write to the head office - bet you get a grovelling apology and lots of spend & save points or vouchers!

themoon66 Sun 18-Feb-07 19:01:09

Our local Homebase has recently removed the customer toilet. Unbelievable.

hugz Wed 08-Mar-17 13:19:10

You could of just taken him over to Burger King.

Trifleorbust Wed 08-Mar-17 13:27:34

I'm going to sound really unsympathetic here but YABU. As the parent, it's your responsibility to find out which shops have customer toilets and make sure your toddler goes. The manager is probably not allowed to let customers use staff toilets.

Trifleorbust Wed 08-Mar-17 13:29:29

tiredemma:

You would encourage a 3 year old to deliberately piss himself in public because you couldn't have your own way? That is vile.

brasty Wed 08-Mar-17 13:30:14

Most staff including managers in chain shops, will be told rules about who can use staff loos. The insurance will not cover members of the public using staff loos. YABU

AnoiseAnnoysanOyster Wed 08-Mar-17 13:30:15

This thread is 10 years old!!

ZOMBIE ZOMBIE

hmm

Why would you drag this up?

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Wed 08-Mar-17 13:31:12

Erm the op has said her dd needed the toilet. Her daughter.

Op, part of the joys of parenting is knowing where the nearest public loo is at all times. I think yabu.

WatchingFromTheWings Wed 08-Mar-17 13:31:45

YABU. They don't have customer toilets. I work in a shop. We have staff toilets but are not insured for customers to use them.

Writing to head office won't make a difference. It's them that pass on the rules!

SpreadYourHappiness Wed 08-Mar-17 13:31:57

YABU. If you have a child, it's your responsibility to keep an eye out on where the nearest customer toilets are.

They can't just let anyone use their staff toilets. They're for staff only, and rightly so.

AnoiseAnnoysanOyster Wed 08-Mar-17 13:32:11

The DD is 13 now. I'm sure it's no longer an issue.

WatchingFromTheWings Wed 08-Mar-17 13:32:44

*This thread is 10 years old!!

ZOMBIE ZOMBIE*

Ffs. hmm

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Wed 08-Mar-17 13:32:51

Ffs. Just seen how ancient the thread is. The 3 year old dd will be 13 now!

magicstar1 Wed 08-Mar-17 13:36:45

That toddler is now 13.5....hopefully she can find the toilets herself now grin

hugz Wed 08-Mar-17 13:36:54

Same here why did it come up on my
Thread of latest ? Only just realised what date it was. 😩😩kind of new to this aswell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now