Talk

Advanced search

Cash for ash scandal in NI

(13 Posts)
Irishhooley Thu 15-Dec-16 21:01:06

Hi just wondering what people's takes are on the cash for ash scandal in NI, while we await J Bell MLA 'truth' interview on BBC later tonight?

Allthewaves Thu 15-Dec-16 21:02:57

Northern ireland mp are bloody Teflon. England the slightest whiff of scandal youget a resignation. Northern ireland there can be massive amounts of evidence and nothing ever happens

Irishhooley Thu 15-Dec-16 21:29:38

everyone I know is tuning into the programme at 10.40, I hope it's not disappointing!

sparklingwaterandice101 Thu 15-Dec-16 21:41:43

I can't think of anywhere else where this kind of political scandal would break and the politician's career would survive. Truly terrifying thst hundreds of millions of pounds can go up in smoke (literally!) and there aren't immediate resignations,

IhatchedaSnorlax Thu 15-Dec-16 21:48:24

What's happened? I've not heard anything about this (based in England now, but follow all the news from home generally).

WipsGlitter Thu 15-Dec-16 21:57:48

I agree. In England this would be a major scandal. Apparently Arlene has done an interview as well now...

wigglesrock Thu 15-Dec-16 22:22:44

I think Arlene might be on her way out - the waste of money is just shocking. I'm angry, not just oh for fucks sake angry but properly ranty ragey - no money for hospitals, schools, public transport,improved roads, no money for infrastructure change but this bellend of a plan can piss money up against a wall - millions and millions angry

sparklingwaterandice101 Thu 15-Dec-16 23:01:35

Wow Johnny Bell leaking like a sieve on Nolan. Sounds pretty sure of himself so I'm inclined to believe him. Arlene's on fire alright!

haveacupoftea Thu 15-Dec-16 23:04:03

We can get rid of Arlene but which DUP cretin will replace her? They get worse and worse.

Irishhooley Fri 16-Dec-16 00:00:56

Watched it and arlene is the one who came across as aggressive
I prefer to believe Jonathan who said he can back up his version with evidence.
Time will tell who is telling the truth, but no matter there has definitely been corruption fuelled by greed. Cost the tax payer upwards of 400million. Shame on the DUP

DioneTheDiabolist Fri 16-Dec-16 00:13:19

I watched this like shock. Nolan has been hitting this hard. Do you think his interview from Charles Hurst's luxury car showroom this week pricked Jonathan Bell's conscience?

sparklingwaterandice101 Fri 16-Dec-16 09:15:25

No I think Jonathan Bell knew he was about to be thrown to the wolves and is taking a few scalps down with him!

TeaPleaseLouise Fri 16-Dec-16 10:08:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now