Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be worried my period has appeared

(14 Posts)
mayemerald Thu 15-Dec-16 17:32:32

I've always had an exact twenty eight day cycle but I've mysteriously got my period now. I only had one two and a half weeks ago and feel really worried. Has anyone got any ideas why this might have happened?

baconandeggies Thu 15-Dec-16 17:37:35

Is it a full bleed or just some lighter blood or spotting? Some people get an occasional mid-cycle bleed after ovulation but if it's not normal for you then do contact GP.

mayemerald Thu 15-Dec-16 17:41:06

No, it's definitely a full on period

Neefs Thu 15-Dec-16 17:54:32

How old are you OP? Just wondering if you're peri-menopausal?

mayemerald Thu 15-Dec-16 17:56:07

I'm worried about that - I'm 36.

Notsoyummi Thu 15-Dec-16 18:00:31

I had a bleed just after my last cycle so I went to gp and she found polyp went to hospital to have it removed and biopsyed getting results tomorrow fingers crossed all will be fine,straight to gp for abnormal bleeds.

Neefs Thu 15-Dec-16 18:03:07

Average age of menopause is 52, perimenopause can start anything up to 10 yrs before you actually stop menstruating. If the women in your family are usually earlier to reach menopause than the average then it is entirely possible that you are.

In perimenopause your cycle can fluctuate but this can go on for years until you actually stop having periods. Of course, it could be many many other things as well.

As always, if you are worried, contact your GP. Good luck

GlitterGlue Thu 15-Dec-16 18:07:27

Not unusual to have an occasional wonky cycle. I've had this happen before. Very annoying though!

If I were you I'd do a pregnancy test and if that's negative, and things don't go back to normal, see the GP.

DailyFail1 Thu 15-Dec-16 18:24:44

Happens sometimes. When it stops get a smear test and ask for further checks to make sure things are ok down there.

mayemerald Thu 15-Dec-16 18:48:01

Definitely not pregnant - last shagged someone circa 2012! fgrin

Crazycatladyloz82 Thu 15-Dec-16 18:54:15

Are you on ceravette? That shit made me bleed a lot at very weird times

mayemerald Thu 15-Dec-16 18:57:01

No, not on any medication at all sad I just don't understand it. I'm worried about my fertility.

Stefoscope Sat 17-Dec-16 01:22:22

It's worth going to the GP for a smear and swabs. I'm 32 and have been having 2.5 week periods for the past 3 months, more painful than usual as well. My smear came back fine, but I'm being referred to gynae for ultrasound and bloodwork. From what I can gather infection, cell changes, fibroids, hormones and stress are all possible explanations. If it becomes a regular occurrence, they may suggest the pill to regulate your cycle.

Chattycat78 Sat 17-Dec-16 02:50:58

You can get fertility tests done such as the fsh and amh test which will tell you how many eggs you have left if you're worried about early menopause. Also check when your mum went through menopause as it's often indicitive of when it will happen to you. I think cycles can start to get wonky up to ten years before menopause as you start to ovulate less. Do you already have children or want them in the future?

Btw I'm not suggesting this is what is happening to you- just giving some info you hopefully might find useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now