Talk

Advanced search

**SPOILER ALERT** AIBU to be disgusted with two of the women on The Apprentice

(60 Posts)
LunaLoveg00d Wed 14-Dec-16 13:42:31

Yes I know it's reality TV and probably fixed. But it is one of the few of these types of shows where the winner is chosen on their business acumen, intelligence, team work, cooperation, creativity, etc etc.

So why have TWO of this year's finalists, Frances and Jessica, decided to throw all that away and be pictured in their underwear for a "racy shoot"? Frances runs her own children's clothing company. Jessica has an online fashion business.

But fuck it, none of that is important because they look OK in their underwear.

Katy07 Wed 14-Dec-16 14:06:18

I'm guessing that it's so they'll be invited onto Big Brother when they lose and they can therefore make money that way. It's sad and downright tacky.
(I'm not sure if the winner is chosen on their teamwork though because they'll all have failed on that score - unless getting drunk together counts!)

Snowflakes1122 Wed 14-Dec-16 14:08:11

The show is going down the reality tv trashy route for entertainments sake I think. Candidates are stupid this year.

Not great role models for inspiring young girls out there you can make it with your intellect.
Yanbu

mouldycheesefan Wed 14-Dec-16 14:09:22

They haven't thrown anything away.
Being a businesswoman doesn't mean you can't pose in your underwear. Kate price had done ok from it.
Why shouldn't they pose in their pants if they want to?

LunaLoveg00d Wed 14-Dec-16 14:09:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mouldycheesefan Wed 14-Dec-16 14:11:05

I don't think any of the final candidates are good role models but that isn't what the show is about. My dds watch the show but they wouldn't come across the ones posing in their pants because we don't buy those mags, papers or wherever it is they are flashing their wares.

Jellybean83 Wed 14-Dec-16 14:22:26

Yeah when I saw this I did feel a bit disappointed, not disgusted but a bit dissapointed nonetheless.

Thanks for that little spoiler by the way, I know It has been well documented that the name of the winner is known, but some people have been avoiding any spoilers regarding any upcoming episodes.

GoneGirl1234 Wed 14-Dec-16 14:36:21

Cashing in on limited celebrity shelf life before the winner is announced and they fall into obscurity.

NinjaPosse Wed 14-Dec-16 14:38:10

Maybe put "Spoiler" in your title if you're going to discuss rumours on Twitter about who wins.

Katy07 Wed 14-Dec-16 14:43:51

Thanks for the Twitter update angry I've deliberately avoided reading Daily Mail comments about the Apprentice because I know someone will feel the need to spoil it and divulge the supposed winner but now you've come along here and knocked out two names. Well done!

GoneGirl1234 Wed 14-Dec-16 14:49:38

I feel disgusted with the unprofessional behaviour of a lot of candidates on the show. The aggression from Paul in boardroom and his childish stroppiness on tasks (throwing boxes etc) and still being allowed to continue; the number of candidates who cry multiple times on tasks/and in the boardroom (I understand that situations are difficult/stressful etc but has there ever been a year with crying so frequently?)

ShotsFired Wed 14-Dec-16 14:54:22

LunaLoveg00d Well according to the Twitter rumours,...<snip>

Well, gee thanks for that, OP. Wasn't really any need to put a potential spoiler slap bang in there without a warning, was there? The thread is about TA candidates, but I wasn't expecting to see actual series spoilers as well.

angry

amispartacus Wed 14-Dec-16 15:00:25

TBF - if you were trying to avoid series spoilers, then you shouldn't click on a thread about the Apprentice.

I think Alan Sugar would agree with that.

OliviaBensonOnAGoodDay Wed 14-Dec-16 15:00:51

It annoyed me when I saw it too OP.

TrippyMcTrapFace Wed 14-Dec-16 15:02:48

As long as neither of them turn into the next decade's Katie Hopkins.

rookiemere Wed 14-Dec-16 15:02:58

Yes I saw the photoshoots - am amazed they made it into the final, I presumed they hadn't made it and were extending their 15 mins of semi recognition.

The show has really gone downhill. I remember when it first started there was more of a cross-section and some decent professionals. Now I wouldn't hire a single one of them to sweep a street. Also it's really galling because we don't know what the business plans are, so he's keeping people that appear to be complete duds, but perhaps have a good idea, but of course we don't know about that.

JAPAB Wed 14-Dec-16 15:05:49

^They haven't thrown anything away.
Being a businesswoman doesn't mean you can't pose in your underwear. Kate price had done ok from it.
Why shouldn't they pose in their pants if they want to?^

I am also not entirely clear on what they have thrown away. If some people stop taking them seriously as businesswomen then maybe but is that likely to happen. And perhaps it says more about those people smile

gluteustothemaximus Wed 14-Dec-16 15:13:00

None of them are serious business men or women.

AssembleTheMinions Wed 14-Dec-16 15:20:51

Brilliant! Thanks for the spoiler angry

HairsprayBabe Wed 14-Dec-16 15:22:29

Don't be so awful, why shouldn't they pose in their underwear if they want to? Literally what difference does it make to you?

You don't get to judge them just because they made a choice you wouldn't it is a legal and lucrative way to make cash when you are young and attractive enough to do it. So really it makes business sense.

You all sound jealous and bitter.

chocoshopoholic Wed 14-Dec-16 15:22:53

There have been plenty of threads discussing candidates, current episodes, which if I wasn't up to date I wouldn't click on. However posts/threads concerning future unbroadcast events should have a spoiler warning.

lilydaisyrose Wed 14-Dec-16 15:24:27

Thanks for that spoiler! Christ!

catinbooots Wed 14-Dec-16 15:25:06

Hee hee hee at all the 'discusted' people. Get a grip folks. It's telly.

DeepanKrispanEven Wed 14-Dec-16 15:29:18

To be honest, as soon as they turned up in knicker shots I assumed they couldn't have won, on the basis that I strongly suspect Sugar would have something in the partnership agreements preventing his proteges from doing anything which might potentially embarrass him. So I think the spoiler was out there already, unfortunately. I think the Beeb will need to tweak contracts with future contestants to stop them doing anything like this before the results are out.

BoomBoomsCousin Wed 14-Dec-16 15:29:38

I would be more annoyed with the production team who most likely planned the whole thing, pick contestants who are going to be amenable to that sort of stunt over those with more promising business acumen and then cajole or coerce contestants who suddenly show reluctance to play up to stereotypes.

Not that the women aren't responsible for their actions, but the fact they are on national TV for everyone to see in a way that normalizes this kind of expectation of business women is not their responsibility, because if they had chosen differently the production staff would have found another way to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now