Talk

Advanced search

To be this annoyed over lipstick?

(168 Posts)
Fouristhebestnumber Fri 09-Dec-16 14:41:26

I am fully prepared to be told IABU and ridiculous but I feel really upset!

I am going out tonight and dp was in town. I can't find my favourite red lipstick so I texted dp to pick me up a new one while he was out. I told him the brand I like and said to get any red one. I often wear red lipstick.

He's come back with a pale pink one. I never wear pale pink lipstick. I asked why even though I'd asked for red and he just shrugged and said he thought I'd like it.

I feel really pissed off! Why did he not just get a red one? I couldn't have been clearer.. I feel like he never listens to me.

VodkaValiumLattePlease Fri 09-Dec-16 14:42:48

What a twat you don't go off script when it comes to makeup!

SaltyBitch Fri 09-Dec-16 14:46:12

He's a fool.

CwtchMawr Fri 09-Dec-16 14:46:26

YANBU how irritating!
I'm sure it was done with good intentions but I'd want to kill him. Can he go back out?

FlappysMammyAndPopeInExile Fri 09-Dec-16 14:47:40

Is it sealed? Can you take it back and exchange it?

en are such tw@ts sometimes!

Fouristhebestnumber Fri 09-Dec-16 14:56:42

No he won't go back out now.. I just don't understand why someone would totally disregard what they've been asked for confused

Ncbecauseitshard Fri 09-Dec-16 15:42:27

That was a standard fuck it up so you don't ask again.

WaggyMama Fri 09-Dec-16 15:44:13

He's a man, what did you expect??? .....for him to actually come back with a red lippy??

Lottapianos Fri 09-Dec-16 15:46:56

I would be very annoyed too. Saying 'he's a man' is nonsense - assuming he's not colour blind, he can tell the difference between red and pale pink! Being a man doesn't affect your eyesight. What a twit.

Loyly Fri 09-Dec-16 15:55:33

YANBU OP.

He's a man, what did you expect??? .....for him to actually come back with a red lippy??

DP texted me 'want anything from John Lewis?' and I replied 'any red lipstick from the Chanel counter would be great, thanks'. He came back with Rouge Coco in Gabrielle - so yes, he came back with the thing I requested. This isn't a 'man thing'.

WhereYouLeftIt Fri 09-Dec-16 15:58:27

"That was a standard fuck it up so you don't ask again."

^ This.

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 09-Dec-16 16:01:07

He's a man, what did you expect??? .....for him to actually come back with a red lippy?? Oh men! They're so silly and ditsy. Remind me again how they run most countries, companies and earn a shit-ton more than women?

UnderbeneathsiesTheMistletoe Fri 09-Dec-16 16:01:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

I once asked DH to get me a lip gloss while he was out. He managed to come home with bright hot pink nail varnish!
I think the make up stand can be confusing and genuine mistakes do happen, but deliberately buying pink when you wanted red is a bit off.

SandysMam Fri 09-Dec-16 16:06:19

I think Underbeneathsies may be in the wrong place 😂 This is Mumsnet AIBU...an Internet forum to have a rant about the small things in life that get on our tits!!! Perfectly reasonable AIBU OP, ignore this!!

Agree with the intentional incompetent analysis tbh. Very frustrating.

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 09-Dec-16 16:09:44

Maybe he doesn't like your vampy style, and wants you to go more mumsy? That's even worse. He gets to control how she looks? WTAF?

Mishmashpotatoes Fri 09-Dec-16 16:11:52

He could be subtly telling you he thinks you'd be good in pink, and thought you'd like it?

That was my first thought after reading it. I'm quite shocked at the rest of the replies.

ScoobyDoosTinklyLaugh Fri 09-Dec-16 16:14:22

Under gringringrin

tangerino Fri 09-Dec-16 16:15:33

In my very humble opinion, a red lip really gets old day after day, and can look very forced if the lips aren't really up to it. As we age lips tend to thin and a bright lip can make a person really look mean and bad tempered.

This is hilariously bitchy.

OP, I suspect he just read the text in a hurry and remembered "lipstick" not "red lipstick", or didn't realise it would be quite such a fundamental point- after all, lipstick's lipstick, if you don't wear it. My OH calls everything that isn't trousers a dress. Go figure.

JanetStWalker Fri 09-Dec-16 16:17:19

He's dropping a not so subtle hint, men generally hate red lippy IME.

StrictlyPan Fri 09-Dec-16 16:25:39

Nope, from a recent survey of men ( n=1 just now) men generally love red lippy.

StrictlyPan Fri 09-Dec-16 16:26:33

And yes we are so ditsy we can't retain even a v small amount of information in our kitty brains.

rookiemere Fri 09-Dec-16 16:28:10

This is exactly what DH would do.

He once used my Molton Brown hand-cream as washing up liquid for a week as it happened to be beside the sink, before complaining that it didn't create many bubbles. Lord knows how he managed to miss the label.

I reckon he got to the makeup bit, panicked and grabbed the first one he saw. I really don't think he'd get as far as thinking about what colour he preferred on me, certainly not consciously anyhow.

PaulDacresConscience Fri 09-Dec-16 16:30:17

If you feel he 'never listens to you' and he's 'always like this' I suggest you have counselling as I can't see you lasting as a couple if you seem to run to the internet to download, instead of actually, you know, talking to him and listening to what he says

What, you mean OP's love of her ageing red lipstick won't be enough to frighten her partner off? Gosh, what will you do if people stop ranting online - where will you get to hoick your judgy pants? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now