Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that if u are at home looking after your unwell child

(6 Posts)
iluvshoes Thu 08-Dec-16 11:31:54

Work shouldn't call you and ask how much holiday you have left. My son is very ill at the mo so they class this as holiday. They know I have no holiday left as the office has a central holiday spreadsheet!! Am I just being a bit to upset about this and shall I just focus on my son getting better

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Thu 08-Dec-16 11:37:13

They shouldn't be asking you how much holiday you have left - why did they ask you surely they keep records for themselves

Bantanddec Thu 08-Dec-16 11:38:19

Sorry to hear ypur son is poorly i hope he recovers soon. Could you take unpaid leave? Parental leave? You can usually use Parental leave if the sickness is over a few weeks I believe. You cannot take it as sick, you are not sick your son is, the company will argue they employ you, not him. flowers

bigredfireengine Thu 08-Dec-16 11:39:08

They are probably checking if it is holiday or unpaid parental leave. They need to know this in order to process the wages.

You are understandably upset about your son . Sounds like they were trying to help by seeing if it could be paid holiday rather than unpaid leave.

iluvshoes Thu 08-Dec-16 11:54:29

Thanks for the feedback. I'm probably just over reacting a little bit but my son is not well at all bless him. I don't have any holiday left as the joys of being a single mum mean all my holidays are pretty much tied up before Xmas. And you also cannot plan when your child is unwell sad

Bluntness100 Tue 21-Feb-17 11:52:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now