Talk

Advanced search

TALK TALK GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

(64 Posts)
HelenaDove Fri 02-Dec-16 23:44:42

Our router has been affected by the outage virus. DH has dug the old one out so we only have intermittent internet.

We couldnt even get through to these idiots on the phone. ppl are being told to comment online. How the fuck can they when they have had no internet for 12 hours plus.

Customers arent even being given any idea how long this mess is going to take to sort.

To add insult to injury they are trying to charge customers for new routers because of this.

UTTER UTTER CUNTS!

pipsqueak25 Sat 03-Dec-16 00:20:47

didn't want to read and run, as your internet is down can you cotact through someone elses system or even the local library. i'd check out my contract too and see if it is up for renewal then vote with your feet to move providers. hope someone can provide something more positive for you soon,

HelenaDove Sat 03-Dec-16 00:48:18

Ta. Its a huge PITA.

frankie001 Sat 03-Dec-16 01:11:34

I'm on talk talk and router is down. Had no idea there was a virus hitting things.

Grindelwaldswand Sat 03-Dec-16 01:15:42

Im with BT tried signing up with talk talk and Plusnet and gave up trying to get through, utter shite. BT have been brilliant for us though massive amount of internet and its so fast. We have the infinity package

HelenaDove Sat 03-Dec-16 01:15:54

Its what they are saying. Mind you their word is hardly reliable going by past experience.

GiddyOnZackHunt Sat 03-Dec-16 01:22:40

Ah TalkTalk. Let me count the ways I hate you and left you
There was the time you threatened me with cutting me off and bailiffs despite me having obtained and used a MAC code from you at the end of my contract. Except I'd paid you and ported my number. We talked and resolved it and agreed you were at fault. Yet three months later you tried again. Six months of angst and you couldn't guarantee my credit rating wouldn't be affected.
Then Dido demonstrates less technical knowledge than my 9 year old.
It's not what you know...

Venting because MIL has listened to someone else and signed up to the fuckers.

Becles Sat 03-Dec-16 07:27:03

I hate them. Counting down the days

holidaysaregreat Sat 03-Dec-16 07:35:00

I hate Talk Talk. When I moved house and decided to go with BT they tried to overcharge me. First of all because contract was cancelled about a day too late so went into a month more (their month commences on 25th allegedly) which I accepted and agreed to pay. They then tried to say I owed another 80 quid line rental. Took many many hours of calls to resolve. Several calls to handlers all around the world who didn't speak clear English. The final phone call was an hour and a half. I think they try to piss you off to the point u will just pay to get shot. So if you do cancel your contract don't expect to get away easy.

HelenaDove Sat 03-Dec-16 16:13:37

Lots of customers are still having problems and are cut off and apparently its not being reported as much as it should be because it will affect the share price.

So basically..................fuck the customers is the attitude.

ClockBusCanada Sat 03-Dec-16 17:24:12

Can't believe that even 10+ years after we left them, Talk Talk are still incompetent shitweasels. Every sympathy, OP.

fightingback Sat 03-Dec-16 17:28:56

Is there a big problem involving lots of customers?

Our routers constantly booting us off and shutting down for hours at a time.

We pay extra for their super duper fiber speed deal that blatantly doesnt live up to the promises angry

Im stuck for another 12 months of this shit.

HelenaDove Sat 03-Dec-16 17:29:18

Ta Clock. My sympathy is with any Talk Talk customer who might be trying to apply for Universal Credit while all this is going on.

But as long as it doesnt affect their share price eh!

HelenaDove Sat 03-Dec-16 17:31:33

Its a bug called the Morai Worm.

And ive seen comments online where they have had the utter cheek to try and charge customers for replacement routers.

And how do customers know it wont happen again There has been zero communication from them except platitudes.

M0stlyHet Sat 03-Dec-16 20:46:05

I am seriously fucked off with them. I know the worm isn't their fault but the totally fucking inadequate resppnse is. A recorded message saying "try a factory reset" (like that wasn't the first thing I tried) - that's the sum total of their customer service.

HelenaDove Sun 04-Dec-16 17:15:57

TALK TALK ARE USELESS MONEY GRABBING CUNTS!

M0stlyHet Sun 04-Dec-16 17:21:15

The good news is that as of June this year it should be easier to change internet provider. You no longer need a MAC code from the old provider, just contact the new one of your choice. Guess what I'm going to be doing tomorrow?

EsmeWeatherwax Sun 04-Dec-16 17:22:59

I have previously unplumbed depths of hatred for talktalk. They're the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with in my life. They can't get anything right and they hold you like grim death. Only three more months for me...counting the days. Shower of fucking gobshites. It's petty, but I amuse myself by posting sweaty abuse on their facebook adverts. I'm never alone in this.

HelenaDove Sun 04-Dec-16 20:11:14

We are currently looking at BT Infinity and Plusnet deals.

eyelevelgrill Sun 04-Dec-16 20:15:05

Talk talk - yuck. An 18 month journey through the first circle of hell here.

Every sympathy.

eyelevelgrill Sun 04-Dec-16 20:17:18

Oh those moments when the connection to the "helpline" cuts out and you have to start again, again....

AntiHop Sun 04-Dec-16 20:21:39

I was so glad when I left talk talk a couple of years ago. Worst customer service ever. Sounds like it hasn't got any better.

Mulberry72 Sun 04-Dec-16 20:29:10

One of my family members works for Talk Talk and has just tendered his resignation, the company is in a complete mess.

Mehfruittea Sun 04-Dec-16 20:33:09

Cuntweasels

bigTillyMint Sun 04-Dec-16 20:33:59

Intermittent internet here too - it's driving all of us mad, but particularly DD trying to do school work.

So those of you who moved, where did you move to and are they better? Oh and where do you live - it seems that providers vary according to your postcode too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now