Talk

Advanced search

or was that No. 10 'leaked notes photo' definitely a set up?

(13 Posts)
Besplendour Tue 29-Nov-16 22:20:26

This here seems pretty suspicious to me personally.

Firstly: who walks about with a ringbinder open? Especially a sensitive one? I keep my notebook closed, and all it contains is the odd shopping list!

Secondly: 'have cake and eat it' sounds strangely head-line friendly to me.

It's no time since they pulled this move with the grammar school email. Fool me once... * puts on tin hat *

ghostyslovesheets Tue 29-Nov-16 22:21:19

it's 'quiet bat people' grin

Twogoats Tue 29-Nov-16 22:23:23

Yes, the whole thing is a bit odd methinks.

annandale Tue 29-Nov-16 22:23:40

I thought it MUST be. I could potentially be struck off if I walked the corridors of my workplace with confidential information on show. This has happened often enough now that I believe it is the equivalent to old style civil service leaking. That never seems to happen any more, I guess why bother talking to one of the few investigative journalists left, when you can just walk into No 10 with your notes carefully on show and bingo!

ghostyslovesheets Tue 29-Nov-16 22:26:19

leaking - I know who I blame!

AccioMerlot Tue 29-Nov-16 22:29:33

I thought so, it was suspiciously neatly written too, in my handwriting the press would have been figuring out what 'dare bale and edil' was supposed to say.

But who would it be aimed at? The Mail didn't really run with it.
And it made the gov't look like they had no idea how to handle brexit and it would be an economic train wreck.

UterusUterusGhali Tue 29-Nov-16 22:33:23

I thought so too tbh.

gunting Tue 29-Nov-16 22:39:22

Anyone would think they were trying to distract from something.....

Snoopers charter, anyone?

annandale Tue 29-Nov-16 22:47:09

Accio, subversion from a civil service that will be blamed for not managing Brexit but which doesn't have the resources to do so?

Tootsiepops Tue 29-Nov-16 22:52:01

Definitely just a fuck up.

Besplendour Tue 29-Nov-16 22:55:29

Re investigative journalism Annandale - the Guardian has it that the snooper's charter will kill that dead in the water. Hmm.

SouthernComforts Tue 29-Nov-16 22:57:37

I thought the same as soon as I saw the photo!

And I'm suprised I haven't seen or heard more about the snoopers charter too.

MaudlinNamechange Tue 29-Nov-16 23:01:17

ghosty - I thought of Tucker immediately. Live imitating The Thick Of It. He did actually do that - deliberately.

I can't see that it has helped them though? What was it supposed to achieve?

If they didn't do it deliberately it is bizarrely careless - not only that the person forgot to close her book but that no one else reminded her. It is the equivalent of a surgeon forgetting to wash hands before surgery, and if by some weird impossible freak one did, someone else would notice and step in

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now