Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think it's silly that DS can't wear these to nursery?

(462 Posts)
GracyEvans Tue 29-Nov-16 18:29:54

DS had some leggings on today - they're gorgeous! They have monsters on (not scary) but apparently he isn't allowed to wear them? They don't have a uniform, but apparently a Mum said that they scared her daughter confused WTAF.

whifflesqueak Tue 29-Nov-16 18:30:58

I think we need a picture.

SouthofMaui Tue 29-Nov-16 18:32:28

why oh why would you put your son in leggings? confused

not entirely missing the point here, the little girl might have some sense

MrsDustyBusty Tue 29-Nov-16 18:33:08

Why not put a son in leggings?

GracyEvans Tue 29-Nov-16 18:33:29

confused why wouldn't I put my son in leggings? They have some lovely unisex ones out there, they're comfy and practical.

They're these ones here

KittyVonCatsington Tue 29-Nov-16 18:34:25

I am at a loss for words. Those leggings are fine!!! And my kid practically lives in leggings.

Minniemagoo Tue 29-Nov-16 18:34:59

Seriously South, why not leggings?
As for the OP definately pic needed but so far YANBU

ftw Tue 29-Nov-16 18:35:09

My son had a shark tee that he chose not to wear to nursery (aged 3/4) because it scared his friend. But nursery didn't try and stop him. I'd have been a bit hmm if they had.

maxfielder20 Tue 29-Nov-16 18:35:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

DrQuinzel Tue 29-Nov-16 18:35:37

They are cute but I could see DD(3) finding them scary to be fair.

eatsleephockeyrepeat Tue 29-Nov-16 18:36:04

They're lovely leggings! But I can see that they could scare a sensitive soul. Unless ALL his clothes are these leggings, can't they be saved for non-nursery times?

Minniemagoo Tue 29-Nov-16 18:36:19

Oh they are fab!
My first reaction was correct YANBU

Blueberry234 Tue 29-Nov-16 18:36:40

They are fab leggings. YANBU

VoldysGoneMouldy Tue 29-Nov-16 18:37:09

Why would you not put any toddler in leggings? They're so practical.

I'd send him in tomorrow wearing them OP, it's ridiculous.

JellyMouldJnr Tue 29-Nov-16 18:37:30

Hah that's ridiculous ! Surely nursery staff should teach the girl that there's nothing to be scared of rather than banning them?

Bobsmum02 Tue 29-Nov-16 18:37:38

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, that child must live a very sheltered life! I can't believe the nursery actually brought it to your attention!

Oh and nothing wrong with little boys wearing leggings 🤔

SparklesandBangs Tue 29-Nov-16 18:37:58

Love the leggings and can't see why they are scary really, however if you have an alternative go with it otherwise you'll be labelled as 'that' parent.

GracyEvans Tue 29-Nov-16 18:38:20

To be honest, DS's clothes are all these leggings, but just different patterns, so of course I could save them, but it seems so stupid!

holidaywoe Tue 29-Nov-16 18:39:05

Cute leggings (if a little pyjama like) and totally practical for all the clambering around that children do at nursery. If I was a staff member I might have had a quiet word with you about what had happened but to be honest I think it would be more important to work with the little girl who was scared so that she could see they were just a pair of leggings

GracyEvans Tue 29-Nov-16 18:39:24

Yeah, I'll save them then. I just wondered if it was the norm for clothes to be banned! I'm a bit surprised that some of your children would fine them scary, as I didn't realise. Thanks everyone smile

NannyR Tue 29-Nov-16 18:39:41

They are fab leggings for any child - boy or girl. I didn't think children paid that much attention to each others clothes anyway.
I would continue to send him in them. Children do have irrational fears about the weirdest things, I once looked after a child who was scared of butterflies but it would have been ridiculous to demand that no one wore t shirts with butterflies on. Instead we worked with her to overcome the fear.

Joinourclub Tue 29-Nov-16 18:40:57

I love toddler boys in leggings. Comfortable for them and we get to see their lovely fat squeezable legs!

SouthofMaui Tue 29-Nov-16 18:42:17

I didn't realise boys in leggings was a thing, but frankly they look ridiculous on a boy.

Anyway, I would try to be nice and not wear them if they scare a little girl. You wouldn't wear something that is offensive for a co-worker, would you. Be the bigger person, even if you don't agree that they can be scary for a little one.

GracyEvans Tue 29-Nov-16 18:45:31

Why do they look ridiculous!?

BippityBoppityBullshit Tue 29-Nov-16 18:46:03

That Mum is showing some serious PFB there. Of course he should be allowed to wear them.

They are lovely - I think Greg Rutherford's sone was wearing some from the same brand on Strictly and people with nothing better to do were getting their knickers ina twist about a boy wearing leggings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now