We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think it's silly that DS can't wear these to nursery?

(462 Posts)
GracyEvans Tue 29-Nov-16 18:29:54

DS had some leggings on today - they're gorgeous! They have monsters on (not scary) but apparently he isn't allowed to wear them? They don't have a uniform, but apparently a Mum said that they scared her daughter confused WTAF.

whifflesqueak Tue 29-Nov-16 18:30:58

I think we need a picture.

SouthofMaui Tue 29-Nov-16 18:32:28

why oh why would you put your son in leggings? confused

not entirely missing the point here, the little girl might have some sense

MrsDustyBusty Tue 29-Nov-16 18:33:08

Why not put a son in leggings?

GracyEvans Tue 29-Nov-16 18:33:29

confused why wouldn't I put my son in leggings? They have some lovely unisex ones out there, they're comfy and practical.

They're these ones here

KittyVonCatsington Tue 29-Nov-16 18:34:25

I am at a loss for words. Those leggings are fine!!! And my kid practically lives in leggings.

Minniemagoo Tue 29-Nov-16 18:34:59

Seriously South, why not leggings?
As for the OP definately pic needed but so far YANBU

ftw Tue 29-Nov-16 18:35:09

My son had a shark tee that he chose not to wear to nursery (aged 3/4) because it scared his friend. But nursery didn't try and stop him. I'd have been a bit hmm if they had.

maxfielder20 Tue 29-Nov-16 18:35:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

DrQuinzel Tue 29-Nov-16 18:35:37

They are cute but I could see DD(3) finding them scary to be fair.

eatsleephockeyrepeat Tue 29-Nov-16 18:36:04

They're lovely leggings! But I can see that they could scare a sensitive soul. Unless ALL his clothes are these leggings, can't they be saved for non-nursery times?

Minniemagoo Tue 29-Nov-16 18:36:19

Oh they are fab!
My first reaction was correct YANBU

Blueberry234 Tue 29-Nov-16 18:36:40

They are fab leggings. YANBU

VoldysGoneMouldy Tue 29-Nov-16 18:37:09

Why would you not put any toddler in leggings? They're so practical.

I'd send him in tomorrow wearing them OP, it's ridiculous.

JellyMouldJnr Tue 29-Nov-16 18:37:30

Hah that's ridiculous ! Surely nursery staff should teach the girl that there's nothing to be scared of rather than banning them?

Bobsmum02 Tue 29-Nov-16 18:37:38

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, that child must live a very sheltered life! I can't believe the nursery actually brought it to your attention!

Oh and nothing wrong with little boys wearing leggings 🤔

SparklesandBangs Tue 29-Nov-16 18:37:58

Love the leggings and can't see why they are scary really, however if you have an alternative go with it otherwise you'll be labelled as 'that' parent.

GracyEvans Tue 29-Nov-16 18:38:20

To be honest, DS's clothes are all these leggings, but just different patterns, so of course I could save them, but it seems so stupid!

holidaywoe Tue 29-Nov-16 18:39:05

Cute leggings (if a little pyjama like) and totally practical for all the clambering around that children do at nursery. If I was a staff member I might have had a quiet word with you about what had happened but to be honest I think it would be more important to work with the little girl who was scared so that she could see they were just a pair of leggings

GracyEvans Tue 29-Nov-16 18:39:24

Yeah, I'll save them then. I just wondered if it was the norm for clothes to be banned! I'm a bit surprised that some of your children would fine them scary, as I didn't realise. Thanks everyone smile

NannyR Tue 29-Nov-16 18:39:41

They are fab leggings for any child - boy or girl. I didn't think children paid that much attention to each others clothes anyway.
I would continue to send him in them. Children do have irrational fears about the weirdest things, I once looked after a child who was scared of butterflies but it would have been ridiculous to demand that no one wore t shirts with butterflies on. Instead we worked with her to overcome the fear.

Joinourclub Tue 29-Nov-16 18:40:57

I love toddler boys in leggings. Comfortable for them and we get to see their lovely fat squeezable legs!

SouthofMaui Tue 29-Nov-16 18:42:17

I didn't realise boys in leggings was a thing, but frankly they look ridiculous on a boy.

Anyway, I would try to be nice and not wear them if they scare a little girl. You wouldn't wear something that is offensive for a co-worker, would you. Be the bigger person, even if you don't agree that they can be scary for a little one.

GracyEvans Tue 29-Nov-16 18:45:31

Why do they look ridiculous!?

BippityBoppityBullshit Tue 29-Nov-16 18:46:03

That Mum is showing some serious PFB there. Of course he should be allowed to wear them.

They are lovely - I think Greg Rutherford's sone was wearing some from the same brand on Strictly and people with nothing better to do were getting their knickers ina twist about a boy wearing leggings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now