Talk

Advanced search

To be concerned

(9 Posts)
Christinedonna Tue 29-Nov-16 17:15:29

I realise there's a general health section but it seems very quiet and I'm hoping with some people, come more answers!
For the past month or so I've been having trouble with my fingers/ sometimes wrists. I don't even know if it's a thing, it seems quite bizarre but when I lift/ grasps something and then put it down, my fingers seem to stay in the position, like my joints are seezing up. It's quite a weird sensation, not pain but just odd. If you can bend the very tip of your finger without moving the rest, it's like the same feeling as that. And yesterday and today I've got a really sore rash on my arms. they could and probably are completely unrelated but I just thought I'd mention it, it's between my elbows and hands on the outside, it's red and feels like carpet burn! I haven't started using new shower gel or washing powder, eating anything different so I don't feel like it could be a reaction. Have I completely lost the plot or can anyone shine some light on this?

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 29-Nov-16 17:26:16

Yes - your GP presumably could. I'd book an appointment.

maxfielder20 Tue 29-Nov-16 17:28:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PurpleDaisies Tue 29-Nov-16 17:32:04

Welcome to being old, you have rheumatoid arthritis.

Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease. It isn't a normal part of aging.

Op you should see your GP. No one can diagnose you without taking a proper medical history and examining you.

Christinedonna Tue 29-Nov-16 17:38:30

I know purpledaisies I just wondered if anyone had any insight or experience while I wait for the morning when I can ring GP. Very curious

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 29-Nov-16 17:45:17

Do you use your hands and wrists a lot day to day, in your job for example? Sometimes the tendons can become inflamed, causing joint stiffness or locking joints. It's sometimes called Trigger Finger.

Christinedonna Tue 29-Nov-16 19:23:03

I have a 3 month old and keep a very tidy house, my hands are always busy haha

littlesallyracket Tue 29-Nov-16 20:08:07

A friend of mine got carpal tunnel when her son was a few months old, either from carrying him around a lot or from doing other stuff one handed while holding him. She had a dull ache in her arm, pins & needles and numb, stiff fingers that seized up.

Colby43443 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:14:09

It could be gout too. My gran's first symptoms were her hands seizing. But tbh it could be anything you need to see a doctor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now