AIBU to think the fashion bloggers should not

(13 Posts)
JengaWenga Tue 29-Nov-16 16:58:15

Be using their fashion blog to promote/advertise washing machines. I have seen three separate fashion bloggers who are promoting the Miele washing machine under the guise of testing it to wash a capsule wardrobe!! Have they no shame!

summerskittles91 Tue 29-Nov-16 16:59:46

Are you serious?!

I do love a Miele washing machine but that is actually ridiculous!

CaoNiMao Tue 29-Nov-16 17:00:58

I've seen some promoting Oral B electric toothbrushes! I've also seen some weird posts on here about Oral B, which leads me to believe that the brand has launched some sort of clandestine PR operation.

TwoBrokeGirls Tue 29-Nov-16 17:01:44

Which bloggers are doing that? nosey

SouthofMaui Tue 29-Nov-16 17:05:10

It's a risky thing to start advertising for random things. You don't sound believable anymore, and you risk losing your readers. It becomes too obvious that they don't actually care about any product, they are just after the money. Of course, you know that bloggers are running a business, the big ones are, but there's a limit!

glitterazi Tue 29-Nov-16 17:24:28

I could understand if they were reviewing something completely random and unrelated to their blog, but a washing machine is tied to clothes, surely?
So I don't see how the link is so tenuous.

maxfielder20 Tue 29-Nov-16 17:25:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WaggyMama Tue 29-Nov-16 17:29:36

The was a piece on SuperShoppers last night saying Bloggers have to clearly state it is an advert - unless they actually go out and purchase the item - but with a Miele I doubt it.

misskelly Tue 29-Nov-16 17:31:55

I've seen this too, it's especially bad on instagram. I think companies using bloggers and you tubers has now got ridiculous. I saw one you tube video recently and it struck me how similar it was to watching qvc.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 29-Nov-16 17:33:38

It works. Even for really dull products like bank accounts and toilet unblockers. People will buy in numbers if a blogger they like tells them too...

Boredbeforeievenbegan Tue 29-Nov-16 17:46:24

Noticed this a couple of evenings ago on one of my favourite blogs and felt a bit disappointed, such a sell out.

TheSparrowhawk Tue 29-Nov-16 18:13:33

Huh? You do realise that all bloggers with any sort of readership make their money through advertising? That's the whole bloody point? Why else do you think they blog?? For fun?

JengaWenga Tue 29-Nov-16 18:37:14

Of course TheSparrowhawk but shoehorning a Miele washing machine into a fashion blog is pushing it a bit I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now