To think Universities & other higher education establishments should publish the average earnings of their graduates?

(11 Posts)
NathanBarleyrocks Tue 29-Nov-16 13:40:18

Surely this would dissuade school leavers from wasting their time at establishments that produce pointless degrees that won't add any value to the student's life? And I say this as someone that wishes they hadn't done a degree and work alongside dozens of people that also have degrees doing a job a 16 year old could do.

marialuisa Tue 29-Nov-16 13:44:01

they do

user1471423145 Tue 29-Nov-16 13:46:01

They do, this one is from 2015, and is compiled by a third party for salaries after 5 years but still a good indication.

www.graddiary.com/careers-advice/uk-university-graduate-salary-rankings/

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Tue 29-Nov-16 13:46:51

You want the DLHE survey OP - google it.

ElBandito Tue 29-Nov-16 13:58:22

Most uni guides published by the papers have a 'Graduate Prospects' column. TBF this will often be for the establishment as a whole rather than the individual courses.

Roussette Tue 29-Nov-16 13:58:38

I just clicked on that link. I have to say, as far as2 of my DCs are concerned, it is absolutely accurate. They are earning what it says on the chart, one after 6 years and one after 4 years.

NathanBarleyrocks Tue 29-Nov-16 14:02:04

Great link - thank you. It would be interesting to see average salaries for ALL institutions that do degrees.

user1480182169 Tue 29-Nov-16 14:03:20

* wasting their time at establishments that produce pointless degrees that won't add any value to the student's life?*

Yeah, education, wast of time innit, unless for the spends?

hmm

Unicornsarelovely Tue 29-Nov-16 14:05:01

let me google that for you

onemorecupofcoffeefortheroad Tue 29-Nov-16 14:11:25

University isn't just about gaining qualifications in order to get a high paid job - it's about education and learning. That can't ever be a waste surely - not that I think it's right for everyone but for those who enjoy learning how can it be a waste? Also, many individuals go to uni in order to go into a careers that aren't particularly well paid but are vital such as teaching, nursing and social work.

VanillaSugarAndChristmasSpice Tue 29-Nov-16 14:16:14

Apparently Geology at Imperial College tops the salaries of new graduates who are employed within 6 months.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now