Talk

Advanced search

A child on a scooter inside a "neice" organic shop ran into me, the mother saw and didn't aplogise

(32 Posts)
jdoe8 Tue 29-Nov-16 13:34:39

She just said to the child "be careful" not even in a stern way and the child carried on scooting about in the shop.

The mother saw that her DC hit me, but then just avoided eye contact with me. AIBU to think she should of at least said sorry to me, told the child off sternly and then taken the scooter off? What kind of parent lets their children use these inside and then just ignores any disruption they cause? I swear organic natural shops have the rudest clientele, you wouldn't get this in ASDA

jdoe8 Tue 29-Nov-16 13:36:03

Ugh typo in title and I think I used the wrong off. I've got LD and you know what I mean before anyone has a go at me!

KondosSecretJunkRoom Tue 29-Nov-16 13:36:56

Yes, she was rude. Were you hurt?

thewideeyedpea Tue 29-Nov-16 13:38:29

Yes she was incredibly rude , hope you are ok

harderandharder2breathe Tue 29-Nov-16 13:38:42

No you used the right off smile

Yanbu children shouldn't be on scooters in ANY shop

listsandbudgets Tue 29-Nov-16 13:39:51

YANBU scooters and tricycles in shops Sholden not be allowed full stop. lucky for child's mither it was you she run in to not a rack of expensive organic wine.

I hope you are ok

listsandbudgets Tue 29-Nov-16 13:40:24

nwed I'm making typos grin

HerRoyalNotness Tue 29-Nov-16 13:40:27

Well,Ido apologies for my DC,but sometimes I think why should I, I didn't do it?

Did the child say sorry? And yes it shouldn't have a scooter in a store. No reason why you couldn't have told the child off yourself though

YelloDraw Tue 29-Nov-16 13:41:11

This is where you go hard stare "Ow, you have hurt me. Do you have anything to say? Now, get off your scooter, a shop is no place to ride a scooter"

Gowgirl Tue 29-Nov-16 13:43:51

I'm sure the child was "spirited" why on earth didn't you jump out of the way while praising their scooting skills! grin

TBF scooters are the work of the devil and should be restricted to the park.

FrancisCrawford Tue 29-Nov-16 13:47:06

Really rude of her not to apologise, tell the child to apologise and take the scooter off him. It's crap behaviour.

You were probably best not saying anything. I got screamed at by a banshee parent when I stopped her child from ramming my legs with the in store wheelchair he was playing with. My crime was to tell the child to "stop that" but according to her I shouldn't dare to speak to her kid like that. Meanwhile the little horror was sticking his tongue out at me.

SpeakNoWords Tue 29-Nov-16 13:51:12

YANBU, the mother should have apologised to you and then realised that the child shouldn't have been on the scooter in a shop!

QwertyKeyboard Tue 29-Nov-16 13:51:27

The type of shop didn't matter. Both rich and poor people can be dicks.

gillybeanz Tue 29-Nov-16 14:12:22

children shouldn't be on scooters in shops, I'd have had stern words with the mother, and definitely shouted ouch in a very loud voice in the shop.
Silly cow, and lord help the child growing up with no discipline.

jdoe8 Tue 29-Nov-16 14:48:34

Ha spirited thats the right word! I know its a bit funny to expect an apology off the mum, but I couldn't believe someone would just say nothing.

I would automatically say sorry and get my child to say sorry, but my child would never be riding one of these indoors in the first place.

woodhill Tue 29-Nov-16 14:57:44

Yes I hate this when you are minding your own business. I would have said something

Also irritating when dps let dc steer a pushchair or shopping trolley into your legs - great

harderandharder2breathe Tue 29-Nov-16 15:07:14

The mum should have apologised because she was stupid enough to let her spirited little bugger scoot in a shop. And she should have got the child to apologise too

TheLobsterRollPlease Tue 29-Nov-16 15:11:15

YANBU if one of my DC were to do that, they'd automatically apologise and I'd apologise too then the scooter would be taken away from them.

myoriginal3 Tue 29-Nov-16 15:18:10

I rather like hooligans! It's just what they do op. I am really sad that next door neighbours with her twins moved out. One ran over dp in her tricycle. He was ever so put out. He had pissed me off earlier lol.

FlyingElbows Tue 29-Nov-16 15:38:22

Not that mine would be allowed to take a scooter in to a shop but if they bump in to anyone they know to apologise straight away. At least in ASDA parents would have tge decency to cuff the little fuckers round the head and swear at them! wink

kali110 Tue 29-Nov-16 16:14:46

Yanbu, but inconsiderate parents can be anywhere. Doean't have to be posh shops.
I was nearly ran over by a bike confused
A bloody bike! Who lets their kids ride a bike around tesco?? I was not the only one who they nearly ran into.

Idrinkandiknowstuff Tue 29-Nov-16 16:27:12

Yes, she should have apologised, or at least made the child do so. I got kicked in the face by a kid doing cartwheels in the veg aisle of Asda. Similar response from parent, just told to be careful, not a word of apology to me.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 29-Nov-16 16:30:04

Well,Ido apologies for my DC,but sometimes I think why should I, I didn't do it?

Errrrrr because YOUR children and their actions are YOUR responsibility?

OlennasWimple Tue 29-Nov-16 16:34:07

Better than "Tarquin, don't do that darling" wink

kittybiscuits Tue 29-Nov-16 16:34:30

Can't stand people who act as if their own children are nothing to do with them. If a person is stupid enough to let their child scooter in a shop, they should make sure they know how to make an appropriate apology when the inevitable happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now