Talk

Advanced search

To not go to my Xmas party due to being worried.

(6 Posts)
Lookinatu Mon 28-Nov-16 11:21:36

Christmas party is this weekend and next week I have some medical exams and procedures happening. Long story short after giving birth few months ago I seem to be having periods at least every two weeks ( last one being 5 days from the previous one). I went to the doctors who has booked tests, exams etc starting this week and next. It's all I can think about and worry constantly. I just don't think I can go on my Xmas party putting on a brave face when I am struggling to keep it together. Would it be horrible of me to cancel and just enjoy the time with my family. sad

VladmirsPoutine Mon 28-Nov-16 11:24:56

No you wouldn't be unreasonable. If you can't or don't want to go it's your choice.
I hope you're on the mend soon flowers

Crispbutty Mon 28-Nov-16 11:28:21

It wouldn't be unreasonable not to go, but would it perhaps help take your mind off your worries for a few hours?

MissMogwi Mon 28-Nov-16 19:03:43

YANBU don't go, you won't enjoy it if you're not feeling up to it.

You wouldn't be unreasonable if you just didn't want to go - so don't feel bad!

Hope the docs sort the period issue out for you, sounds horrible. flowers

MissVictoria Mon 28-Nov-16 19:12:38

Irregular bleeding is totally normal, so please try not to worry too much. If you don't feel up to the party though, you are completely justified in not going.

CrohnicallyPregnant Mon 28-Nov-16 19:16:14

YANBU to not want to go- but as an aside, are you on a contraceptive pill? Because I had very frequent periods (1-3 weeks apart) after having my DD and going back on the pill, once I switched pills my cycle settled back down to 25-30 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now