Talk

Advanced search

To feel weird about this?

(14 Posts)
Persianredflame Sun 27-Nov-16 18:45:04

Went out for drinks with work colleagues few weeks back - they're all my level etc, bit like being students agsin. We all got very, very drunk and I was in a strange mood sfter a recent break-up and basically got a friend of a frurbd's number (I have a horrible feeling I asked for if!), he is very attractive but not really my type and I'm quite embarrassed now

Anyway he didn't message but added me on social media. I didn't message and left it. He then started messaging my work friend who I was also out with and has asked her out for a drink/sent her shirtless pics of himself... she finds it hilarious and has been messaging updates to me. I'm a bit embarrassed because even though I don't like him, he's made his feelings quite clear and I find it awkward that she's sending me this stuff? She's attractive (we are completely opposite - I'm small and blonde, she's dark and curvy) and I feel like this has a competitive edge to it? Not sure!

Another guy from work had tried it on with her but I've had my own fair share of attention when I've been out with her and really don't care. Gah I know this is childish but it's awkward.

Persianredflame Sun 27-Nov-16 18:45:56

Apologies for all the typos. I've read the post above back and am aware I sound about 12!

Scooby20 Sun 27-Nov-16 19:09:45

So you got his number but haven't done anything about it, don't fancy him but bothered he is messaging your friend?

Yes you do sound about 12. Why are you making it a competition about who gets most attention. Especially when these are work people?

Persianredflame Sun 27-Nov-16 19:11:36

Ok fair enough. Don't know! Just don't know why she's sending the messages onto me? He is not a work colleague, she is.

EBearhug Sun 27-Nov-16 19:13:10

Have you asked her not to forward them n?

FoxesSitOnBoxes Sun 27-Nov-16 19:13:59

Maybe she's sending them on because she knows

GoofyTheHero Sun 27-Nov-16 19:15:09

I'm a but confused. Which bit do you think is weird? The fact he's messaging her when he fancies you, or the fact she's sending the messages to you?

Scooby20 Sun 27-Nov-16 19:15:19

It's not something I have ever done. But I know loads of women that shot around laughing at messages men have sent them. Friends have sent them to me.

It could be that she enjoys having a gossip and sharing this stuff or it could be that she is marking her territory, as it were.

This guy is some random that you don't fancy. Let it go.

Is it that you think she is making it into a competition and trying to rub it in your face. You know her, I don't so can't say. If this is the case, she isn't really your friend.

GoofyTheHero Sun 27-Nov-16 19:15:41

*a bit

FoxesSitOnBoxes Sun 27-Nov-16 19:16:33

Ha! Too soon.
Maybe she's sending them on because she knows about you asking for his number and now it's a bit awkward so she's being as open as poss about it so it becomes something to laugh. She might think that was preferable to you finding out and feeling more embarrassed and thinking that she was hiding it from you?

FoxesSitOnBoxes Sun 27-Nov-16 19:17:35

None of my posts are making sense- sorry!

wowwee123 Sun 27-Nov-16 19:18:05

She might be doing it incase she thinks he is msging you both?

Persianredflame Sun 27-Nov-16 19:21:13

Basically he didn't message me, but started messaging her which she asked about as she wasn't sure if he was messaging both of us. He obviously likes her and was quite full-on with her, asking her out for a drink and sending creepy photos but she said she didn't want to step on my toes as she thought I liked him? Yeah I do think she is being considerate as I corrected her and said I was so drunk at the time I can barely remembee talking to him (true!), but also a bit embarrassed he so obviously picked her if that makes sense?

wowwee123 Mon 28-Nov-16 07:07:37

I think you last post hit the nail on the head persian. No malice involved just checking the coast is clear so to speak.

As you say, you're not interested in him anyway so it's probably worked out best all round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now