Talk

Advanced search

Was it my fault

(48 Posts)
Hobnobhobbit Fri 25-Nov-16 10:54:48

Went to an event last night meeting my friend and my boyfriend told everyone 7 but then told my friend 7 and boyfriend 7.30 so that we could go get coffe together before the event started pluss boyfriend works a 2 minute walk away from it I then realised that with the crowds and wanting to be there for the start he should get there a little early so I suggested 25 past he said there's no point he won't make it through the crowd so I said when do you want to meet and kept Ringing him to talk he never answered I texted him and said I was near costa apparently that was to vague so at 25 past I got a text saying to late now will miss the event there was time to find me crowds weren't huge after I said where going for dinner and shopping which him and I planned I said where do you want to meet me he said don't worry just go with your friend and went off to the pub all the way home I mentioned it to him and said if you would of rather gone fo the pub just say next time he then shouted and me in the car saying it was my fault I changed the meeting time I told him 7.30 comensense would be to tell me 7.30 to late can I meet you earlier but he didn't do that apparently he had to watch it on his own and that I ruined it all

Hobnobhobbit Fri 25-Nov-16 10:55:40

He apologised for shouting but when ever anything goes wrong he shouts

Hobnobhobbit Fri 25-Nov-16 10:55:59

Sorry for the spelling mistakes I'm really dyslexic

PapalYoungPretenderMortificado Fri 25-Nov-16 10:56:59

...................................................................................................

Help yourself to a few of these ^^

My eyes are out of breath,

Tissunnyupnorth Fri 25-Nov-16 10:57:34

Impossible to follow without breaks provided by full stops. Sorry.

PapalYoungPretenderMortificado Fri 25-Nov-16 10:58:08

Don't worry re: spelling - the autocorrect c*cks that up for you even if you are Professor of Spelling at Spelling University.

LIZS Fri 25-Nov-16 10:59:36

So he decided not to bother? Presumably he knew friend would be there anyway. How long have you been together?

TantrumsAndBalloons Fri 25-Nov-16 10:59:48

Oh come on FFS

You might find it a little difficult to read but it's not fucking impossible.

There's no need to take the piss or try and feel superior because you "literally cannot read it without full stops"

TupsNSups Fri 25-Nov-16 11:02:01

Why did you not all arrange to meet at the same time? at 7?

I would probably be a bit pissed off if dp and I were meeting to go to a gig yet he told me a half hour later time than the other person we were meeting, then giving vague answers where he was when I was trying to find him.

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Fri 25-Nov-16 11:04:53

It just sounds like it was poorly arranged. I can see why he was annoyed with you changing times, he shouted, then apologised. It sounds like a storm in a teacup.

ShowMePotatoSalad Fri 25-Nov-16 11:05:22

For those who are saying they can't possibly read it without punctuation:

*Went to an event last night. meeting my friend and my boyfriend - told everyone 7. but then told my friend 7 and boyfriend 7.30 so that we could go get coffe together before the event started (pluss boyfriend works a 2 minute walk away from it). I then realised that with the crowds and wanting to be there for the start, he should get there a little early. so I suggested 25 past. he said "there's no point, he won't make it through the crowd", so I said "when do you want to meet", and kept Ringing him to talk. he never answered. I texted him and said I was near costa (apparently that was too vague). so at 25 past, I got a text saying "to late now will miss the event". there was time to find me - crowds weren't huge. after I said "we're going for dinner and shopping" which him and I planned, I said "where do you want to meet me". he said" don't worry just go with your friend" and went off to the pub. all the way home I mentioned it to him and said "if you would of rather gone fo the pub just say next time". he then shouted at me in the car saying it was my fault I changed the meeting time. I told him 7.30 comensense would be to tell me "7.30's too late - can I meet you earlier" but he didn't do that. apparently he had to watch it on his own and that I ruined it all

GetOutMyCar Fri 25-Nov-16 11:06:25

I'd be annoyed in your DP's position too. Annoyed at the multiple time changes and because they were a result at not being wanted there for the whole time.

ShowMePotatoSalad Fri 25-Nov-16 11:06:36

IMO he shoudn't have shouted at you but I think it's best to stick to plans, especially at the last minute.

Hobnobhobbit Fri 25-Nov-16 11:07:20

I changed the time at 11 that morning he had all day to say it was the wrong time but chose to tell me at 7 I'm sorry for no full stops im severly dyslexic and other things through my life off all the help I've been given I still don't understand full stops

GetOutMyCar Fri 25-Nov-16 11:13:13

Ignore the posters going on about your punctuation. It's not your fault their reading skills are so poor that they can't cope with a few mistakes.

DryIce Fri 25-Nov-16 11:14:06

Off topic, but maybe think of a full stop as taking a breath if you were speaking. If you said your story out loud, there would be points that you paused or took breath. Try putting a full stop there.

I really don't mean to be snarky, but I honestly couldn't get through your OP without punctuation. (Thank you PotatoSalad !)

On topic, I can see why your boyfriend was annoyed. Meeting people at crowded events is a faff at the best of times, and the multiple time changes would have been irritating - especially as he eventually couldn't meet with you anyway. If I had been in his position and ended up having to watch the show on my own, I would have gone to the pub with my friends rather than trying to find you (again!)

PrivatePike Fri 25-Nov-16 11:15:26

Does dyslexia stop a person using full stops? (Genuine question.)

BoopTheSnoot Fri 25-Nov-16 11:17:29

OP, I can see both points of view here. It does sound like a minor row, and he has apologised so I would be inclined to let this one go.
The posters taking the piss out of a dyslexic person's use of grammar- shame on you. Awful behaviour.

CotswoldStrife Fri 25-Nov-16 11:19:56

I think it would have been better to all meet up at the same time.

If you wanted to meet him at 7.30 and suggested that time then I'm not sure how he was supposed to think that would be too late on the day?

Costacoffeeplease Fri 25-Nov-16 11:25:56

I can see why he was pissed off, I would have been too

HidingFromDD Fri 25-Nov-16 11:29:22

Sounds like bad planning all round, but shouting at you isn't the way to resolve it. I'd wait until everything has calmed down and then discuss it. Ask him in future to let you know if he thinks something isn't going to work and you can rearrange.

With regards to the full stops, I wonder if the posters who 'can't read it' are slightly older? I was taught in school to add punctuation where you would stop to take a breath. As a result, I tend to read things in my head the same way, and only breathe when I see a comma or full stop 😁

BoffinMum Fri 25-Nov-16 11:31:34

I need punctuation in this. I can't make sense of it. Spelling is fine, BTW. probably better than mine and I pretty much am Professor of Spelling at Spelling University. grin

BoffinMum Fri 25-Nov-16 11:33:06

I have read the edited version and I am not actually sure what the problem is other than a nasty BF shouting, which is never good.

SteppingOnToes Fri 25-Nov-16 11:36:19

* I'm sorry for no full stops im severly dyslexic and other things through my life off all the help I've been given I still don't understand full stops*

As a basic, just try putting one where you would breathe if you were speaking outloud. HTH.

It may have been your fault for messing up the times but his reaction was totally disproportionate (even if he did say sorry)

ChocoChou Fri 25-Nov-16 11:40:07

I haven't RTFT so apologies if I'm repeating what anyone else said.

OP look at it this way...
your bf wants to go to a gig with you, tells you one time then changes his mind. Then changes his mind again. Then when it comes to meeting you he's very vague about where he is then decides he's actually not going to go to the gig but go for a drink/shopping with his friend who he met earlier than you??

I would feel a little like a third wheel in my own relationship and that actually he wanted to spend time with his friend rather than me IYSWIM

So on the whole I think YWBU. If you arrange something then stick to it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now