Talk

Advanced search

To be worried?

(8 Posts)
Moonbear10 Thu 24-Nov-16 11:52:44

Long time lurker, new to posting... Not sure if this is an Aibu.
So basically I switched pill a couple of months ago, I'm pretty bad at remembering to take it on time and my periods have been quite erratic, coming every two weeks since I started, until last week when my normal period was meant to start but didn't.
I've had a UTI for probably a week or so now and went to the doctors for this, had to do a urine sample which was tested and confirmed infection.
But lack of period is still concerning me, could it be because of infection, should I leave it a bit longer to see if it come or should I take a pregnancy test?
When they tested urine for infection would they have possibly been able to tell pregnancy from that?
I'm probably massively over thinking this and just need to get it together an pee on the damn stick but I could really do with some words of comforting wisdom here! confused

FlyingElbows Thu 24-Nov-16 11:56:22

Just poas and then, if it's negative, go back to your gp and discuss a more suitable contraceptive.

mumonashoestring Thu 24-Nov-16 11:56:31

Which pill did you switch to /from?

Moonbear10 Thu 24-Nov-16 12:00:59

I am in the throws of deciding on a new method, looking at the implant.
Bit of a long story with the pills, I switched from Co-cyprindiol to rigevidon which was terrible, then onto yasmin which wasn't much better and now I'm on cerelle

baconandeggies Thu 24-Nov-16 12:10:09

Take a pregnancy test and find a method you'll be able to use reliably. Think the progresterone only pill needs to be taken at basically the same time every day? Otherwise you'll be at risk of pregnancy and all over the shop with your bleeding...

pipsqueak25 Thu 24-Nov-16 12:10:20

do the test and if neg go back to gp and get contraception sorted out that suits you.

baconandeggies Thu 24-Nov-16 12:11:25

Although erratic bleeding is also a common side-effect of progestrone-only contraceptives.

Moonbear10 Thu 24-Nov-16 12:28:00

I suppose I've been putting off doing a test because I'm worried it will be positive...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now