Talk

Advanced search

8mo only sleeps propped up. AIBU to make a drs appoinmtent to male sure nothing is wrong.

(10 Posts)
woodenmouse Wed 23-Nov-16 22:20:33

Ds2 is 8mo we recently noticed he won't sleep flat. I'm the day we put him down to nap in the living too propped up where I can keep an eye on him making sure he doesn't suffocate etc. He sleeps perfectly at naptime. At night time we lie him flat because we can't watch him but he wakes between every 30 mins and every 2 hours. Its killing me and dh as we are exhausted. I feel like I should take him to the drs to check his breathing etc but I don't want to waste the drs time.

Heirhelp Wed 23-Nov-16 22:21:53

How long has this been going on for?

Mistletoekids Wed 23-Nov-16 22:24:42

Reflux?

Coughingchildren5 Wed 23-Nov-16 22:25:31

Yes i would get him checked over for peace of mind.

GreatFuckability Wed 23-Nov-16 22:30:50

My youngest would never sleep flat because she had reflux. I propped her up with a wedge under the mattress until she could roll and then she had a pillow.

woodenmouse Wed 23-Nov-16 22:32:23

It's been going on for about 2 months. He's not sicky and doesn't appear to be in pain, he's always happy even with a severe lack of sleep so I'm not sure what's up with him.

Mistletoekids Wed 23-Nov-16 22:38:48

Can get reflux without you seeing any vomitung. He could be feeling boring of it coming up oesophagus or even getting acid in his mouth which he swallows

Mistletoekids Wed 23-Nov-16 22:39:12

*burning

allthatnonsense Wed 23-Nov-16 22:46:07

Try to sleep lying Clayton your back without a pillow...

But probably reflux related. None of mine slept too brilliantly on their backs. I used to position them slightly on their sides.

None of them sleep flat on their backs now.

Disclaimer: sleeping flat on their backs is known to reduce sids.

allthatnonsense Wed 23-Nov-16 22:46:41

Flat on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now