Talk

Advanced search

To use the vape? For friend

(5 Posts)
SoberBee Wed 23-Nov-16 17:26:11

Friend asked me to post.
She has been given up smoking for a few years. She has a six month old baby and is breastfeeding and co sleeping.
She is going through a massively stressful time right now and struggling to cope. She borrowed her mum's vape and loved it, felt totally better and less stressed straight away. Was telling me about it and how she is buying one herself now to help her through this time and I was concerned given the breastfeeding and cosleeping.
She will use nicotine/tar free stuff if that makes a difference?
So would she be unreasonable to use vape in this situation?
Thanks

19lottie82 Wed 23-Nov-16 17:45:59

Personally I'd say if it makes her feel less stressed then that's going to be better for the baby, so go ahead.

As long as it's nicotine free then all she's doing is inhaling vaporised water.

I'm sure others on here won't agree though.

19lottie82 Wed 23-Nov-16 17:46:41

My only concern would be that it is a route that often leads to smoking.

Dutch1e Wed 23-Nov-16 18:11:51

She won't be unreasonable AT ALL. Even if she uses nicotine, it's not nicotine that causes all the terrible health problems of cigarettes. Tell her to vape away and give herself a pat on the back for a small bit of comfort that harms nobody

tinyterrors Thu 24-Nov-16 08:08:35

She's not being unreasonable. If she's using the nicotine free stuff it's basically just food flavouring that's used in baking mixed with water. It's the tar and carbon monoxide etc in cigarette smoke that's dangerous when co-sleeping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now