Talk

Advanced search

To have a whinge that think colleagues prefer my mat cover?

(9 Posts)
TallulahTheTiger Wed 23-Nov-16 08:55:42

Yep am being a childish whinge and its great that she's lovely and everyone is getting on well buuuttttt...
My mat cover is lovely, she bakes cakes for the team and has ' dinner parties' well people over for dinner.... Due to crap cookery and time issues I don't think I'll measure up, and when Ive been in for KIT there's been jokes about we want NotTallulah to stay instead. I know (hope!) it's just banter but feeling anxious enough about going back- I know am being daft but if someone could just reinforce that in writing Id feel less ridiculous!!

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Wed 23-Nov-16 09:02:17

She's clearly a witch.

Yes, she seems nice now with her cakes and shit but her dark side will eventually show.

You have nothing to worry about.

NightCzar Wed 23-Nov-16 09:04:04

Well it's tough. They can't have her. Hopefully she's been as good at work as she has been in social settings. Then you'll have a smooth handover and your return will be easy.

I had the same with mine, but she found another position within the organisation. It was handy she was still around and she was really nice. We became quite good friends too.

blueturtle6 Wed 23-Nov-16 09:23:43

Give her a break us temps have to be twice as nice to fit in quickly.

WalterWhitesNipple Wed 23-Nov-16 09:39:38

Treat them all to a spa day in Maui.

TallulahTheTiger Wed 23-Nov-16 09:43:38

Oh fuck... (Did I not put 'light hearted..) is that still having to be a thing??

TallulahTheTiger Wed 23-Nov-16 09:44:51

Yes clearly kingjoffrey? Why the hell else would anyone prefer Not-me! Witch craft I tells you!

RhiWrites Wed 23-Nov-16 09:45:26

You never know your luck. I know someone who came back from mat leave to discover their cover was now their boss!

Then you can you to the lovely dinner parties too. wink

TallulahTheTiger Wed 23-Nov-16 10:11:30

That was meant to be a ! Not ? At clearly joffrey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now