Talk

Advanced search

To think that most reasonable people have more than 2baths a week?

(111 Posts)
tartan19 Tue 22-Nov-16 19:57:36

Our new house doesn't have a shower, we just have a bath. It's also on a water meter.

Dh has said he wants me to have a shower at the leisure centre, I do an exercise class Monday Thursdays. By Sunday I feel like stuff is growing on me.

AIBU to think this is ridiculous?

Yika Tue 22-Nov-16 19:59:32

Yes it's completely ridiculous. Just take shallow baths daily, don't fill the tub, you won't use anymore water than in a shower.

winterisnigh Tue 22-Nov-16 19:59:37

i cant believe your dh is even thinking about dictating when you have a wash shock

Justmuddlingalong Tue 22-Nov-16 19:59:56

With no bath in between? Why is it up to him where and when you wash?

YelloDraw Tue 22-Nov-16 20:00:34

Shallow bath and use a plastic cup / scoop to scoop water over you.

teacher54321 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:00:50

Oh my god that's grim. We're on a water meter as a family of three. We have at least one bath or shower every day each, dishwasher goes on every day, washing machine 5-7 times per week and our water bill is £36 per month.

tartan19 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:01:57

Yello it's bad enough DH telling me how I should wash to be honest.

chipsandpeas Tue 22-Nov-16 20:03:55

get a shower attachment that hooks up to the bath taps, a cheap curtain and its close to a real shower

tartan19 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:04:25

Seriously, the problem is my relationship, not the bathroom.

tartan19 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:04:47

thought that was obvious confused

SukeyTakeItOffAgain Tue 22-Nov-16 20:05:39

What chips said.

And unless you're in the south west, a shallow bath every day or so shouldn't cost loads. You could even share.

SukeyTakeItOffAgain Tue 22-Nov-16 20:06:47

Er. Why do you have a relationship with him if it's obvious even to you? Sorry, have to ask...

Thattimeofyearagain Tue 22-Nov-16 20:07:04

Throw him out and bath to your heart's content.

Mypurplecaravan Tue 22-Nov-16 20:10:10

Of course they do. And most reasonable people don't want to sleep with someone who hasn't bathed in 3-4 days.

What is he planning to do himself? Or will he also not wash?

This is just bizarre!

I'm also water metered. I still clean myself and family daily. Dishwasher at least once a day. And washing machine. And shock horror I water my plants.

Oh God..... what are his rules for the toilet?

If you are on the bones of your arse the water bill will not be what tips you over the edge

GoofyTheHero Tue 22-Nov-16 20:10:16

Why have you just moved to a new house with him?

PinkiePiesCupcakes Tue 22-Nov-16 20:10:32

Our new house

Seriously, the problem is my relationship

Does not compute....
You know you're relationships is not great and ytet you get a new house?.

PickAChew Tue 22-Nov-16 20:10:41

Please tell me you didn't buy this house with the rancid cockwomble.

Our shower is over the bath and I sometimes put the plug in to give my feet a good soak. by the time I've washed my hair and the rest of me, there's enough water to bathe in.

sleepachu Tue 22-Nov-16 20:11:26

You should throw the baby out with the bath water. Arf

GoofyTheHero Tue 22-Nov-16 20:12:04

And I thought most houses were on a water meter now? I've lived in no less than 10 houses in the past 12 years and they've all been on a water meter. Still managed to wash daily.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:12:09

So he expects you never to bathe in your own home? shock How homely and comfortable for you.

Tell him you're a grown woman and you'll decide how often you bathe - and where.

tartan19 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:12:36

Yeah well we did need to live somewhere. I could explain more but I don't think I'll bother to be honest.

littlesallyracket Tue 22-Nov-16 20:14:36

I don't think the question should be 'How many baths is it normal to have per week?' but 'Does my husband have any right to tell me how and when I can wash?' And the answer is no, he absolutely doesn't.

FWIW, we are about to get a water meter fitted in our new house because our water bills were cheaper in our old house (where we had a meter, and where I used to take baths almost every day), than in our new house (where we don't, and where I probably shower more often than bathe).

baconandeggies Tue 22-Nov-16 20:14:51

Suit yourself

QueenOfTheNaps Tue 22-Nov-16 20:15:02

You don't need to put up with someone telling you when to wash.
Tell him to fack arf

CockacidalManiac Tue 22-Nov-16 20:15:49

Oh, alright. That was a bit of a waste of time then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now