to want ideas to colours to paint the bedrooms so I can copy them!

(16 Posts)
twistedmywords Tue 22-Nov-16 14:17:07

Want to redecorate the master bedroom, 13 year old ds, 10 year old dd and the spare room as all looking a bit tired now. I'd love some ideas on colours that have really worked for you.

MatchyMatcha Tue 22-Nov-16 14:18:36

Have a look on houzz or apartment therapy.

sweetheart Tue 22-Nov-16 14:20:40

Have a look on pinterest. If you put "colour palette" into the search bar it will give you loads of ideas of colours to match together then you can work from there.

FlyingElbows Tue 22-Nov-16 14:21:55

Black. It's not for everyone though!

MissWillaCather Tue 22-Nov-16 14:22:25

I have quartz pink from Dulux heritage range, it's lovely.

JellyBelli Tue 22-Nov-16 14:26:19

Black. Lovely lovely black. Cream ceiling and statement walls, black carpet, black and purple bedding.

user1471950254 Tue 22-Nov-16 22:58:07

Definitely recommend Pinterest for ideas! We have a grey living room & duck egg blue bedroon

ChickyDuck Tue 22-Nov-16 23:10:13

I like a warm biscuity colour with woodwork done in a slightly darker biscuity colour and white door and ceiling. It looks really classy, feels cosy, and is a little bit different and interesting smile

steff13 Tue 22-Nov-16 23:11:46

Our bedroom is this color.

ClopySow Tue 22-Nov-16 23:34:41

Mine is sort of mink with one cerise wall and accessories. I haven't decorated for 10 years because decorating makes me sad.

PurpleDaisies Tue 22-Nov-16 23:37:28

Our room is valspar tidepool wonder. We've got white woodwork, white and oak furniture and lots of yellow accents. I love it.
m.valsparpaint.com/color-detail.php?id=70391&g=70017

OhMrBadger Wed 23-Nov-16 00:20:06

Our bedroom is this colour. It's Farrow & Ball Card Room Green. I love it. We have stripped floorboards and off-white woodwork. We're moving house soon and I plan to paint our new bedroom in the same colour.

abigamarone Wed 23-Nov-16 00:34:48

I'm glad I'm not alone in liking my bedroom black. Black walls, white ceiling and white bit above picture rail, black furniture, wooden floor and white bedding.

Camomila Wed 23-Nov-16 05:58:22

DSs room is 'daffodil white', just Homebase's own brand...it's a really lovely creamy/vanilla ice cream sort of colour...might be nice for spare room?

SpringerS Wed 23-Nov-16 10:45:56

After years of neutral walls I had enough recently and have coloured my whole house. My bedroom is powder blue with navy curtains, matching headboard and pink and blue bedding. My porch hallway and livingroom are a warm, light yellow called Egyptian Sand. In the livingroom, I have an exposed brick fireplace, and lots of cream, yellow and browns in the furniture which give it a hint of 70s style that I've accentuated with lots of green leafy plants and retro comic book cushion covers.

DS's room is a deep blue-toned green. It's a very strong colour but his room is very big and he has framed posters, toy display shelves and multi-coloured Hot Wheels Wall Tracks all over the room, so the strong colour really suits it. In the same vein his playroom is a deep burnt orange. My kitchen is grey with pink and silver wall paper behind the counters. Throughout the house all the doors and skirting boards are natural wood. I absolutely love the colour everywhere. Each room makes a real statement and sets a mood. And they feel unique and 'mine.'

Oogle Wed 23-Nov-16 11:57:58

Dulux Natural Slate in our room
Dulux Chic Shadow in DS' room

I can also recommend Dulux Teal Tension from their feature wall range. It's gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now