Talk

Advanced search

FACEbook telling page - refunds!

(9 Posts)
DottieDoLittle Mon 21-Nov-16 21:02:20

AIBU to be irritated?

Sold a few items for the first time a week or so ago.

Yesterday one of the buyers messaged me a "Hi Hun" message. Basically saying she didn't like the item of clothing as it was too long.

Followed by a breezy I've posted it back to you.

Paid via PayPal.

I'm not a shop! But will I have to refund it?

DottieDoLittle Mon 21-Nov-16 21:02:50

Telling = selling!

honeysucklejasmine Mon 21-Nov-16 21:04:00

Did they pay by goods and services? It is the preferred method, because it does protect buyers.

I guess you'll have to if she opens a case. Make a note of her name and don't sell to her again.

Soubriquet Mon 21-Nov-16 21:04:53

Technically no you don't. She shouldn't have sent it back without speaking to you first

But saying that, it might be easier just to pay her back WHEN the item has come through

CockacidalManiac Mon 21-Nov-16 21:05:44

That's taking the piss.

DottieDoLittle Mon 21-Nov-16 21:06:37

What do you mean pay by goods and services? honey

honeysucklejasmine Mon 21-Nov-16 22:31:14

When you transfer funds using PayPal, it's either by "goods and services" which includes a fee and allows you to reclaim money. Or "friends and family" which is free and afaik there is no way to claim money back, as its supposed to just be you sending over that £5 you borrowed off Doris last week.

drspouse Tue 22-Nov-16 20:53:15

If she posts it back, and she used Goods and Services, she can raise a claim with PayPal and get her money back I'm afraid.

Crazeecurlee Tue 22-Nov-16 22:27:36

No way, can you contact Paypal before she does to see what your options are? If returns aren't accepted then she shouldn't be able to get away with it. She could have already worn it! I would say that returns aren't accepted, you are not refunding the money and that you will repost the item to her once she has repaid postage costs. Cheeky cow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now