AIBU or is my neighbour?

(51 Posts)
coralpig Mon 21-Nov-16 17:03:22

We had a delivery today, eagerly anticipated! Stayed in all day but had a brief dentist appointment at lunchtime. Naturally the parcel arrived when we were out! Came back and had a note saying it has been left with a neighbour a few doors down- not one we know particularly well. I knocked on the door and had the neighbour open the kitchen window but not come to the door. I explained about the parcel and he said he was busy right now, could I come back later? I asked what time and he said I'll knock on your door if you'll be in for the rest of the afternoon. This was about 3.... AIBU to think it's a bit rude and the time it would have taken to have this conversation he could have opened the door and given me the parcel...

SortAllTheThings Mon 21-Nov-16 17:06:20

He's being weird, I'd go round again

TheAntiBoop Mon 21-Nov-16 17:06:32

It depends what he was doing!

Mrsemcgregor Mon 21-Nov-16 17:06:35

How odd, I wonder what he was doing?

SortAllTheThings Mon 21-Nov-16 17:06:52

He might have been, erm.. Occupied

RatherBeRiding Mon 21-Nov-16 17:07:50

Wow! I think you should go back and say you would like your parcel please and don't leave without it! He probably caught you on the hop asking if you could go back later (WTAF - it's a bloody parcel, just pass it out the window or open the door!) - best response would have been "No I can't come back later. I'm here now to take it, I'll wait while you open the door."

Hope you got your parcel without any more faffing about!

FizzBombBathTime Mon 21-Nov-16 17:08:06

What a strange man

Why didn't he just give it to you?!

Erghhhh

Ifailed Mon 21-Nov-16 17:08:24

plenty of people work from home, he could have been busy doing that.

EweAreHere Mon 21-Nov-16 17:09:48

Maybe he wasn't dressed. Or sick. Or was in the middle of a terrible phone call.

He did you a favor and you're going to get your parcel. Beats driving to the depot or waiting for re-delivery!

Rosae Mon 21-Nov-16 17:09:54

Maybe he had mucky hands. Or shoes so didn't want to walk through the house to get it. Or had blocked the door with something. If you weren't in you don't get to inconvenience the neighbours further.

HateSummer Mon 21-Nov-16 17:11:08

What an odd job. I know what he's doing. He's showing you in a roundabout way that he doesn't appreciate having to hold your parcel for you and that he's uber busy, so next time be at home for the delivery of your parcel because he doesn't appreciate being disturbed every 2 mins by someone. And he'll give you the parcel WHEN HE decides and when HE isn't busy now.

Giselaw Mon 21-Nov-16 17:11:35

Naked feom waist down.

NoahVale Mon 21-Nov-16 17:11:53

perhaps he was on the loo, sounds reasonable.

NoahVale Mon 21-Nov-16 17:12:45

perhaps he was unplugging sink, or in middle of important phone call. it was kind of him to offer to bring it round.

Sunshine59 Mon 21-Nov-16 17:13:50

Very strange I wonder what he was doing? Hope you don't have to wait to long to get it

pipsqueak25 Mon 21-Nov-16 17:15:37

what happened op, did you get your parcel ?

Juanbablo Mon 21-Nov-16 17:17:38

I would go back now and ask for it. Surely it would have taken less time for him to give you your parcel than it took to ask you to come back.

coralpig Mon 21-Nov-16 17:19:12

No parcel yet

Mypurplecaravan Mon 21-Nov-16 17:19:35

I'm going with he was in the middle of some afternoon sex when you called round. He'd already been interrupted by postie and just wants to finish.

In weather like this, I'd let him come round to me rather than chasing up too much.

ZoFloMoFo Mon 21-Nov-16 17:19:47

Maybe he was having a quickie with his wife on the kitchen floor and was naked from the waist down.

It wasn't convenient right then for him, and he's going to bring your parcel to you when he gets a chance later today.

SapphireStrange Mon 21-Nov-16 17:20:32

perhaps he was on the loo, sounds reasonable.

In the kitchen? confused grin

Ohdearducks Mon 21-Nov-16 17:23:39

Weird, if he is trying to be funny about in a roundabout way, why take the bloody thing in? If it's too much inconvenience to hold a parcel for a neighbour then don't take it in! If he's not come by 6pm go round again and say you can't wait any longer because you're going out.

previously1474907171 Mon 21-Nov-16 17:26:28

He probably needs to re-wrap it having opened it to see what it was, or is hoping you won't chase it up.

BravingSpring Mon 21-Nov-16 17:32:11

I don't get neighbours who accept parcels and are then funny about it, you can say no, it's not compulsory to take in someone's parcel.

BadKnee Mon 21-Nov-16 17:37:41

Tricky. Delivery guys often put you on the spot as you have already opened the door to them. It looks mean not to.

I can see myself doing that if I am in the middle of something, house is a mess, I am not dressed etc.

Hope it turns up soon OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now