Talk

Advanced search

To feel shy in front of the ghosts

(24 Posts)
MommaGee Mon 21-Nov-16 12:11:42

Sat here playing instruments with ds 17 months I'm my bathrobe. It's hot so sitting here in the nuddy. Do hands me instrument, I play and hand it back, take it in turns like this then he looks up above me to the ceiling and smiles and kinda offers his maracas.

Erm, hello ghost.

Now sat here overwarm but dressed as I've gone all shy!

Briarthorn Mon 21-Nov-16 12:14:21

grin I imagine ghosts are pretty much unshockable, like medics and Mumsnetters.

MommaGee Mon 21-Nov-16 12:15:45

But it could be my grandad. Or my sisters husband. Most likely a grandparent haha

Mondegreens Mon 21-Nov-16 12:18:54

Maybe the ghosts only arrive because of the prospect of a glimpse of still-living flesh. Then again, as they appear to spend a lot of time telling mediums to tell someone whose initial is M, or maybe J, in the audience, that granny's brooch is behind the fridge, or hanging out on the ceiling waving invisibly at babies, they might be very easily amused, and get their kicks from making people get dressed...

Elphame Mon 21-Nov-16 12:20:42

They're watching you in the bathroom too wink

Briarthorn Mon 21-Nov-16 12:22:56

Haha at "easily amused". I read a novel in which a character was a ghost and he'd get on buses to the airport to go on holiday. Sometimes he'd forego the cabin and hang off the planes wheels to better enjoy the view. And why wouldn't you?

MommaGee Mon 21-Nov-16 12:25:46

God knows what my son tells them! He stares, babbles and then blows raspberries haha. I apologised haha

DramaInPyjamas Mon 21-Nov-16 12:27:08

I used to be totally convinced that ex H dead mums ghost was watching us in bed

It used to get really cold all of a sudden ( ignoring the fact that we would have been naked at the time - no, it was definitely her ghost!) grin

1happyhippie Mon 21-Nov-16 12:28:32

This made me laugh. 😀
I'm home alone today, and basically being lazy. You now have me looking around wondering if I'm being watched ignoring the ironing pile!

PenguinsandPebbles Mon 21-Nov-16 12:30:20

There is a post that always sticks with me from MN, a lady was getting really concerned her DD was talking to ghosts...

She walked in to find her doing her usual mumbles one morning to find she was chatting to a rat.

This is of course no help but maybe it will make you feel better about a ghost, I'd rather a ghost than a rat I think.

MommaGee Mon 21-Nov-16 12:33:11

Haha definitely! I have a lovely video of him chatting and waving to the above him a few months ago!

2kids2dogsnosense Mon 21-Nov-16 12:44:39

They're watching you in the bathroom too

As a child I was horrified to learn that Jesus could see me on the toilet.

(Doubt he'd want to, though . . . )

ItShouldHaveBeenJingleJess Mon 21-Nov-16 12:49:22

I'm absolutely non-woo, but sometimes DS wakes in the middle of the night and walks to the corner of the room (we share a bedroom) and absolutely cracks up - bent double kind of thing. There's nothing there except a chest of drawers! Got to admit, it un-nerves me a little....

Mynestisfullofempty Mon 21-Nov-16 12:52:23

How old is he JingleJess?

Bluesrunthegame Mon 21-Nov-16 12:55:55

Could be Bes, the Egyptian god who protected women and children. Apparently the ancient Egyptians believed that when little children suddenly laughed or smiled for no obvious reason, it was because Bes was smiling and tickling them.

As a convinced atheist, I'm happy with this.

ItShouldHaveBeenJingleJess Mon 21-Nov-16 12:58:34

He's four nest. He has ASD and doesn't really talk but he'll stand there babbling and belly laughing until I take him back to his bed. Doesn't feel remotely creepy in the morning, but the middle of the night..... Not so great!

ItShouldHaveBeenJingleJess Mon 21-Nov-16 12:59:54

blue. I like that! I've always assumed he's half asleep, tbh.

AntiHop Mon 21-Nov-16 13:02:13

Are you in the uk op? If so you've got your heating on far top high if you're too hot indoors!

MommaGee Mon 21-Nov-16 14:08:36

Yeah Anti is was a bit high, did turn it down but I don't want the baby to get cold.

I am now dressed!

MommaGee Mon 21-Nov-16 21:09:19

Well felt someone behind me, no one was there then son is smiling over my head and talking so I clearly didn't scare them off

cunningartificer Mon 21-Nov-16 21:25:41

It's angels smile

Temporaryname137 Mon 21-Nov-16 22:14:21

I can't remember the word, but there is a phrase for the fear that the ghosts of your family are watching you masturbate!

MommaGee Mon 21-Nov-16 23:02:05

Haha off to google....

MommaGee Mon 21-Nov-16 23:03:43

Can't find it lol.

Cunning I'm cook with it being my grandparents

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now