Talk

Advanced search

landlord was supposed to be here 2 hours ago!

(7 Posts)
Morporkia Mon 21-Nov-16 10:49:48

my oven broke about 5 weeks ago and LL was on it, superquick. it's all shiny and new...i told him i could take old one to the tip and he said no, keep hold of it because he can get some sort of deal with the supplier of new oven. so old, smelly, broken oven has been in my lean to (where i usually hang my washing on a wet day) for the last month and a bit. he phoned last night at 7pm, can i come get oven first thing tomorrow morning, around 9ish? i said yes, even though it's pretty inconvenient (DH having flare up) but i want rid of the damn thing as it's in the way. i moved it into the dining room for easier access this morning but it is now almost 10 to 11 and he hasn't turned up. i have tried his mobile, no answer and sent a text asking him if he is still coming today. no reply. WIBU to take it to the tip if he hasn't arrived by midday?

SlottedSpoon Mon 21-Nov-16 11:08:12

Yes I think you would. Is it stopping you going out, having to wait for him? In which case I'd just go out and leave a messages saying 'sorry you missed your slot, please rearrange.'

But it sounds like you are just sitting in anyway, so what difference does it make? confused

Surely waiting for him to move it is less hassle than taking to the tip by yourself as I presume your DH can't help you, what with his 'flare-up' whatever that is. confused

You could always have put it in the garden and told him if he doesn't get it soon it will get soaking wet.

Spam88 Mon 21-Nov-16 11:09:04

That is annoying, but given it's your LL's property it would be very unreasonable if you to take it to the tip.

Trifleorbust Mon 21-Nov-16 11:39:27

Don't take it to the tip. Do tell him that you need him to collect it or it will be taken to the tip in, say, a fortnight. He then has a reasonable chance to get it sorted and you have a deadline by which to say enough is enough.

QueenMortificado Mon 21-Nov-16 11:43:11

Can't you just leave it outside the front door? No one is gonna nick it surely?

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Mon 21-Nov-16 11:51:55

I second leaving it outside for him if you need to go out, if not just leave it where it is confused

SlottedSpoon Mon 21-Nov-16 12:02:18

That way, if it gets rained on and he moans you can say well it's not my fault you didn't turn up - it's been here over a month already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now