Talk

Advanced search

To be sick of DP and American Football?

(4 Posts)
IsthisMummy Sun 20-Nov-16 21:14:49

He's obsessed with it and it's football season at the minute.

Every Sunday night from 6pm he's glued to the sodding laptop. I possibly wouldn't mind so much if the games didn't last for a horrendously unspecified length of time. Four hours seems to be the average!

Sunday is the only day we have off work together all week. AIBU to be fed up with it week in week out?

We are ttc atm and I had a particularly shitty appointment with the consultant on Friday. Feeling very raw and sensitive right now and perhaps selfishly really would like to be the centre of his attention tonight sad

angstybaby Sun 20-Nov-16 21:22:38

i feel your pain! did you know that the total amount of playing time in a game is like 11 minutes?! it is a particularly ridiculous sport.

DH also likes: tennis, golf, cycling, swimming, football, rugby, cricket, boxing, snooker and i've probably forgotten a few. really, he'll watch anything.

he's booked us our first night away in 5 and a half years. we're going to london. to watch the snooker.

tell him how you feel. could he be feeling a bit shitty too? maybe he's using the sport as a distraction? (i thought i should at least raise the possibility)

i'm sorry you're feeling low right now. flowers

IsthisMummy Sun 20-Nov-16 21:31:19

It's the most ridiculous sport angstybaby. It just constantly stops and starts. I've tried to get into it but I just can't!

London for the snooker eh? Your OH really knows how to spoil a girl ;)

He knows how I feel about it. He still watched it. It'a nearly finished now though apparently.

I am feeling really shitty, which probably isn't helping.

Cherrysoup Sun 20-Nov-16 21:34:53

Sorry, I think YABU. It's from 6pm Sunday night. Does he have Games Pass? Are you ttc during the time the game is on? It's my dh's only hobby, I'm more than happy to be on here and whilst I refuse to get into the game, I have picked up enough to have a conversation. Does he moan about you having any hobbies? Do you have any?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now