Talk

Advanced search

...to be a bit narked with DH?

(6 Posts)
Niggit Sun 20-Nov-16 13:56:41

He's been away on business or a few days. We usually do the shopping together on a Saturday, but as he wasn't going to be back til the afternoon I thought I'd be nice and get it done. I bought all the usual, plus a few extra bits and pieces that I knew he'd like - strangely enough I do miss the old bugger when he's away.
This morning he pointed out that I'd forgotten to get butter (no biggy, we've got enough for now and I can always pop into the village) and hadn't bought any cold meats for lunches (he has his provided for him at work and I usually have soup and bread) - at which point he asked, "Did you do ANY shopping yesterday?"
AIBU to feel properly fucked off about this? It's probably an overreaction, but I do try to do things right, and sometimes it just feels that he only ever notices things that are wrong.

marriednotdead Sun 20-Nov-16 14:09:55

So many responses come to mind!

He's out of order, and you'd be foolish to not call him on it. My sister's OH can be like this and she sharply pulls him up every time- he always apologises and backs down.

Perhaps the old classic 'did you mean to be so rude?' might be a wake up, but I suspect it will pass over his head.

Negativity is an exhausting state to live in.

WLF46 Sun 20-Nov-16 14:16:25

Cut him some slack, he's probably knackered after being away for a few days and/or pissed off that it has eaten into his weekend. Should have just said "yes, I bought a, b, and c, I can go and pick up x, y and z later".

No need for an argument, is there? (Based on the evidence you've given.)

OohhThatsMe Sun 20-Nov-16 14:16:26

Cheeky thing. I'd miss him a lot less the next time he was away!

HuskyLover1 Sun 20-Nov-16 14:25:34

"I thought you might be tired after your trip, so I did the shopping alone. Clearly I've fucked it up. I'll make sure I wait for you to get home next time and we can go together"

Niggit Sun 20-Nov-16 15:09:15

Thank, all.

WLF, I'd agree with you, except that he does this sort of thing all the time!

Husky, that's pretty much what I did say. Although I may have been a little sharper about it...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now